Bontrager aeolus comp saddle

Hi guys I bought the BONTRAGER AEOLUS COMP SADDLE and it recommends a 2 degree drop how do I go about setting that up?

Comments

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,845
    edited June 2022
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saddl&hl=en_GB&gl=US is a free app I've used for a while for a number of saddle brands/models.

Do bare in mind that some models focus on slightly different sections being a certain suggested angle, not all simply look at the angle between the extreme tail and nose of the saddle.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo

• I'm confused in how the -2 drop should be measured should it measure as dead flat on the first half of the seat or -2 on the first half of the seat?

• lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    Use a spirit level and a bit of common sense.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,845
    Given how the saddle top clearly isn't flat, 2 degree drop in front of the flare.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Don't fixate yourself on an exact 2 degree drop - you may prefer it level or whatever.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • So ure saying measure -2 on the flat front half of the saddle with a phone and that's the correct way to get the intended setup.

• joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,073
    You've even got the diagram, just whack a hardback book, piece of wood, thick chopping board, anything really over the saddle. It'll best on the two wings at the back and the tip at the front. Measure -2 degrees and treat it as a starting point. You'll likely have to move it anyway for personal preference so I won't worry.
  • That method gives a completely different reading. If the front half was setup as -2 then adding the clipboard on and measuring on top then gives -7 drop
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,073
    Is either -2 or -7 comfortable?
  • Take it out for a ride with appropriate Allen key and adjust 😉.
    You can visually see a level seat although I am a carpenter and have an eye for level or unlevel things.😬
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    ^ This. There may be a graduation scale on the top of your seatpost clamp that may aid you. Go for a ride and make adjustments by the roadside until you are happy with it.