'ning

nippy, brightish start but no sign of proper summer

ride up and down, cafes and cake, mountains of gd'i
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Morning

Weather seems ok but CBA doing anything today.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Man flu survived the cider and curry 😒 so another enforced rest day

Home soon and then walk hounds as I assume the kids walk was short then pack the van and off to Knighton with the eldest and his girlfriend. So thankfully someone who will enjoy the football
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    What's the leg today Oxo?
    You can only call a place 'civilised' when it has a cricket ground. Melrose has a cricket ground. It's actually a very pretty town. Probably the nicest town in the borders.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Yes indeed - Giro heaven. It's been such a fantastic Giro. Pity the TdF will probably be a damp squib in comparison.
    That part of Slovenia looked lovely yesterday.
  • pinno
    edited May 2022
    Me might pedal me but quite knackered. Not as knackered as Shorty. Christ she is one grumpy sausage.
    Sister is here but only for 2 days thank fook. I haven't time to write the list of grievances I have with her and I dare not mention abuse of P of A or else I might start jumping up and down a bit and going red.
    Family eh?

Beans however...
    9.30pm ish, most evenings. He has taken to sitting (very prim and neatly) behind the open French door in anticipation. This is so he can play - with a 4mm. 30cm cable tie (locking end cut off). I slide it under the door randomly and he attacks it.

The fir tree.
    Beans has discovered that claws don't really work as a downhill brake and grip - they are much better for vertical ascents.
    So on 3 occasions in a row, he has got a bit stuck climbing a 25ft fir tree to about 12 feet. My instinct was to simply walk away and leave him to it but he has been quite vocal and slightly panicky. So on the first occasion, I climbed up near him and he climbed onto my arm and then my shoulder and he sits there quite happily whilst I climb down.
    I have never known a cat to do this or have this much trust.
    The other 2 times - identical use of my arm.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,613
    Up a bit early as the hounds insisted on taking an early dump, so may as well get out and walk them as the leg has survived remarkably well after yesterday evenings pedal. This afternoon's activities haven't been decided yet, but will probably watch the footy this evening.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Moaning,

Lie-in this morning :) needed a re-charge. Lots of beer last night, no side effects today.

Got some weeding that needs doing then it's a trail ride ending up at the cider festival of course...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    Off to a memorial/celebration of life thing for a friend that died a little while back. All very sad, but will be nice to see some old friends. Walking there through Kew Gardens. Then off to another friend's 50th birthday bash. It's going to be a boozy day.
    Had a strange incident last night, got home from taking the old dear to Gatwick and there was a strange looking bloke hanging about outside a neighbour's house. Turned out it was the drunk I'd had a go at for pissing on said neighbours house on Sunday. He had a go at me and tried to tell me he'd been having an asthma attack. I said it was a funny sort of asthma if liquid leaked out of his trousers. He tried to intimidate me and push me around which clearly didn't work. He eventually walked off to the pub down the road, so I went and had a chat with the landlord. Said drunk tried to have a go again but just made himself look silly. Very strange, if you get caught out doing something wrong, admit it and show contrition. Don't double down and tell porkies you end up looking ridiculous. He's obviously a Tory 😁
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    I didn’t realise it was you v68 πŸ˜‚
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Dad's taxi run completed. Jings, Heathrow was / is busy.

Re-caffination time. Some errands to run, then get over for a lunchtime surprise birthday get together, the daughter has organised it for her dad, he has no idea just how many of us oddballs are going to be there.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Just arrive in the Big Smoke, 12.15. Beer time!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Been and picked up some new contact lenses for a free trial then bluewater. The pup was brilliant last night, slept through in his playpen. He’s starting to show signs of settling in nicely. Decided that my slow cycling speed makes 60mm wheels look ridiculous so bought some 38s. Will probably list the 60s on the board during the week.
  • Stevo_666

Morning folks,
    Off to a memorial/celebration of life thing for a friend that died a little while back. All very sad, but will be nice to see some old friends. Walking there through Kew Gardens. Then off to another friend's 50th birthday bash. It's going to be a boozy day.
    Had a strange incident last night, got home from taking the old dear to Gatwick and there was a strange looking bloke hanging about outside a neighbour's house. Turned out it was the drunk I'd had a go at for pissing on said neighbours house on Sunday. He had a go at me and tried to tell me he'd been having an asthma attack. I said it was a funny sort of asthma if liquid leaked out of his trousers. He tried to intimidate me and push me around which clearly didn't work. He eventually walked off to the pub down the road, so I went and had a chat with the landlord. Said drunk tried to have a go again but just made himself look silly. Very strange, if you get caught out doing something wrong, admit it and show contrition. Don't double down and tell porkies you end up looking ridiculous. He's obviously a Tory 😁

If he was a tory, surely you'd have found him down the wine bar? :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

Modern day Tories will drink in a fourth rate boozer, they're not what they used to be.

On the other hand I've been drinking in a very nice establishment with several rather expensive classic cars and a few old bikes. This was followed by a posh pub in Teddington.
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2022

Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

Modern day Tories will drink in a fourth rate boozer, they're not what they used to be.

On the other hand I've been drinking in a very nice establishment with several rather expensive classic cars and a few old bikes. This was followed by a posh pub in Teddington.
    Drinking in tory pubs, eh? You've sold out :smile: