Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

friday melting spacetime in a pineapple crucible

'ning

nippy start, but looks like a sunny day ahead, basking potential

ride and cafes, wfh subject to basking conditions, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • Charlie_CrokerCharlie_Croker Posts: 1,637
    Moaning,

    Plants watered, tea made and being enjoyed

    WFW shortly, struggling ATM due to last night’s beer consumption with the guys, but as usual it seemed like a good idea at the time hey-ho

    Sunny right now, hope this lasts. More beer later it being Friday and then there’s the folk and cider festival this weekend…

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 21,547
    No ale last night 😳 as man flu type stuff meant I basically dozed on the sofa and didn’t exercise - pants

    Later is a long standing arrangement to meet some friends for ale, suppose I better man up and get sinking ale
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,938
    Made it to work today without any tyres exploding which was a bonus. Replacement for the other one should arrive today.

    Another day at the fun factory beckons.

    Weather's looking like riding weather later, but foot is saying no :disappointed:
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 11,627
    Morning all.
    Dodgy pig based breakfast then heading off on 1st stage of jockland ride. Tad breezy but hopefully pushing from behind. Enjoy your weekend.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 50,097
    Me cutting grass me.
    Too windy on the West Coast for pedalling.

    You will have a tail/cross wind Oxo.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 7,754
    Work stuff followed by a trip to the supermarket to stock up.
    Back home to pack stuff & bikes for a trip to the big smoke.
    Rain so no basking, cafe stops of bubbles.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 21,547

    Work stuff followed by a trip to the supermarket to stock up.
    Back home to pack stuff & bikes for a trip to the big smoke.
    Rain so no basking, cafe stops of bubbles.

    Is it ride London this weekend?
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 7,754
    It is.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 7,754
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 56,275
    Good luck HD. Wish I was up to doing that sort of distance, will have to go for a pootle this evening instead.

    Going into my next virtual meeting soon, this one with the boss so better finish off my scotch egg and clean up the crumbs before it starts...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 50,097
    edited May 2022
    There's always E-bikes Stevo and the 30 mile route goes past lots of public toilets/chemists.
    St Peters is your nearest hospital.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 7,754
    Thanks Stevo, I think I'll be OK for the distance as I did similar a few weeks ago but with around 5 x the climbing.
    I know a lot of people poo poo it but RL is a great event
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpohbeansnikpoh Posts: 1,277
    Week done. Sightseeing and present buying tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 56,275
    pinno said:

    There's always E-bikes Stevo and the 30 mile route goes past lots of public toilets/chemists.
    St Peters is your nearest hospital.

    Sounds like you've done your research :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 11,627
    pinno said:

    Me cutting grass me.
    Too windy on the West Coast for pedalling.

    You will have a tail/cross wind Oxo.

    In places yes it was a tailwind others it was a headwind and I don't mind those. But ffs the crosswinds with semi aero wheels not good, especially when they hit you all of a sudden. But a good day. Currently enjoying a pint of Belhaven in Melrose.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 12,149
    oxoman said:

    pinno said:

    Me cutting grass me.
    Too windy on the West Coast for pedalling.

    You will have a tail/cross wind Oxo.

    In places yes it was a tailwind others it was a headwind and I don't mind those. But ffs the crosswinds with semi aero wheels not good, especially when they hit you all of a sudden. But a good day. Currently enjoying a pint of Belhaven in Melrose.
    Thought you were doing Coast 'n' Castles? Can't get much further from the sea than Melrose. Nice area though.

    Today I have mowstly been planting pumpkin seeds. Between the Thursday and my Friday volunteer groups, we've put in thousands of seeds. Planning one of those big pumpkin field visit things for autumn, raise funds for the charity. V hot, sunny, blue skies, with breeze to take off the edge so one doesn't notice one is getting dehydrated. Cold beer replenishment phase now.

    Got front wheels of the rumblewagon rebalanced. ATS guy did it for free! Only had a Scots banknote in wallet, to give him and his trainee apprentice a beer; nice guy, will drop by again with an Ingerrrlish tenner.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 50,097
    oxoman said:

    Currently enjoying a pint of Belhaven in Melrose.

    'Enjoying' and 'Belhaven' in the same sentence?!

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 50,097
    orraloon said:

    Only had a Scots banknote in wallet, to give him and his trainee apprentice a beer; nice guy, will drop by again with an Ingerrrlish tenner.

    He didn't accept the Scottish banknote?!

    I was on the A1 south of Newcastle once and put £40 pounds worth of fuel in it.
    At the till, I handed 2 x £20 notes which were Bank of Scotland notes..

    She refused to accept it. I said 'okay, this is the deal - this is legal currency. If you prevent me from paying then I will walk away and you can take my number plate and details then when the police stop me, I shall explain that I had the means to pay but you weren't accepting it. You can also explain to your manager why your till is £40 short'.. There were at least a dozen people looking on by this time (all potential witnesses I thought, all with cars and traceable number plates).
    She took the money.

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 11,627
    Doing a mix of coast and castle's inland and coastal. Nothing wrong with Belhaven best. Currently have jockland fiver ready for home.
    Currently fed and watering in the G @ A in Melrose. God help us tomorrow.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 50,097
    Stevo_666 said:

    pinno said:

    There's always E-bikes Stevo and the 30 mile route goes past lots of public toilets/chemists.
    St Peters is your nearest hospital.

    Sounds like you've done your research :)
    For you yes and I expect some thanks.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 56,275
    pinno said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    pinno said:

    There's always E-bikes Stevo and the 30 mile route goes past lots of public toilets/chemists.
    St Peters is your nearest hospital.

    Sounds like you've done your research :)
    For you yes
    Yeah yeah...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 50,097
    Stevo_666 said:

    pinno said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    pinno said:

    There's always E-bikes Stevo and the 30 mile route goes past lots of public toilets/chemists.
    St Peters is your nearest hospital.

    Sounds like you've done your research :)
    For you yes
    Yeah yeah...
    They talk about care in the community and looking out for the elderly and all they give you is abuse and sarcasm. I don't know why I bother trying to help.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 56,275
    pinno said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    pinno said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    pinno said:

    There's always E-bikes Stevo and the 30 mile route goes past lots of public toilets/chemists.
    St Peters is your nearest hospital.

    Sounds like you've done your research :)
    For you yes
    Yeah yeah...
    They talk about care in the community and looking out for the elderly and all they give you is abuse and sarcasm. I don't know why I bother trying to help.
    Not my fault if you couldn't manage your former slaves (sorry, employees) ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.