nippy start, but looks like a sunny day ahead, basking potential

ride and cafes, wfh subject to basking conditions, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Moaning,

Plants watered, tea made and being enjoyed

WFW shortly, struggling ATM due to last night’s beer consumption with the guys, but as usual it seemed like a good idea at the time hey-ho

Sunny right now, hope this lasts. More beer later it being Friday and then there’s the folk and cider festival this weekend…

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    No ale last night 😳 as man flu type stuff meant I basically dozed on the sofa and didn’t exercise - pants

Later is a long standing arrangement to meet some friends for ale, suppose I better man up and get sinking ale
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Made it to work today without any tyres exploding which was a bonus. Replacement for the other one should arrive today.

Another day at the fun factory beckons.

Weather's looking like riding weather later, but foot is saying no :disappointed:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Me cutting grass me.
    Too windy on the West Coast for pedalling.

You will have a tail/cross wind Oxo.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Work stuff followed by a trip to the supermarket to stock up.
    Back home to pack stuff & bikes for a trip to the big smoke.
    Rain so no basking, cafe stops of bubbles.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Work stuff followed by a trip to the supermarket to stock up.
    Back home to pack stuff & bikes for a trip to the big smoke.
    Rain so no basking, cafe stops of bubbles.

Is it ride London this weekend?
  • homers_double
    It is.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,613
    Good luck HD. Wish I was up to doing that sort of distance, will have to go for a pootle this evening instead.

Going into my next virtual meeting soon, this one with the boss so better finish off my scotch egg and clean up the crumbs before it starts...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    edited May 2022
    There's always E-bikes Stevo and the 30 mile route goes past lots of public toilets/chemists.
    St Peters is your nearest hospital.
  • homers_double
    Thanks Stevo, I think I'll be OK for the distance as I did similar a few weeks ago but with around 5 x the climbing.
    I know a lot of people poo poo it but RL is a great event
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Week done. Sightseeing and present buying tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

There's always E-bikes Stevo and the 30 mile route goes past lots of public toilets/chemists.

Sounds like you've done your research :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

Me cutting grass me.
    Too windy on the West Coast for pedalling.

You will have a tail/cross wind Oxo.

In places yes it was a tailwind others it was a headwind and I don't mind those. But ffs the crosswinds with semi aero wheels not good, especially when they hit you all of a sudden. But a good day. Currently enjoying a pint of Belhaven in Melrose.
    Thought you were doing Coast 'n' Castles? Can't get much further from the sea than Melrose. Nice area though.

Today I have mowstly been planting pumpkin seeds. Between the Thursday and my Friday volunteer groups, we've put in thousands of seeds. Planning one of those big pumpkin field visit things for autumn, raise funds for the charity. V hot, sunny, blue skies, with breeze to take off the edge so one doesn't notice one is getting dehydrated. Cold beer replenishment phase now.

Got front wheels of the rumblewagon rebalanced. ATS guy did it for free! Only had a Scots banknote in wallet, to give him and his trainee apprentice a beer; nice guy, will drop by again with an Ingerrrlish tenner.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Currently enjoying a pint of Belhaven in Melrose.

'Enjoying' and 'Belhaven' in the same sentence?!

• pinno
    orraloon said:

Only had a Scots banknote in wallet, to give him and his trainee apprentice a beer; nice guy, will drop by again with an Ingerrrlish tenner.

He didn't accept the Scottish banknote?!

I was on the A1 south of Newcastle once and put £40 pounds worth of fuel in it.
    At the till, I handed 2 x £20 notes which were Bank of Scotland notes..

She refused to accept it. I said 'okay, this is the deal - this is legal currency. If you prevent me from paying then I will walk away and you can take my number plate and details then when the police stop me, I shall explain that I had the means to pay but you weren't accepting it. You can also explain to your manager why your till is £40 short'.. There were at least a dozen people looking on by this time (all potential witnesses I thought, all with cars and traceable number plates).
    She took the money.

• pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

For you yes and I expect some thanks.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

For you yes
    Yeah yeah...
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

For you yes
    Yeah yeah...
    They talk about care in the community and looking out for the elderly and all they give you is abuse and sarcasm. I don't know why I bother trying to help.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

For you yes
    Yeah yeah...
    They talk about care in the community and looking out for the elderly and all they give you is abuse and sarcasm. I don't know why I bother trying to help.
    Not my fault if you couldn't manage your former slaves (sorry, employees) ;)