Giro 2022 - Stage 18: Borgo Valsugana - Treviso 151 km ***Spoilers***

2»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    It's going to be close
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    Hindley dropped!
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Hindley dropped
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    De Bont wins
  • blazing_saddles
    Hindley must have had a mechanical inside 3km
  • mididoctors
    Incident 3 k rule
  • mididoctors
    One tired peloton
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,641
    Puncture for Hindley. Will anyone check?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,262
    De Bondt really knows how to use a bad word inoffensively
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    Good stage that. Lack of recceing by the sprinters team? Basically needed to catch the break before the circuit as it was so technical.
  • Imagine dragging yourself over those mountains only to see your final chance of a win vanish… Ha!
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,932
    I was always under the impression that the 3k rule was brought in to save riders from incidents/crashes when the GC teams were going elbow to elbow with the sprint trains rather than protect a rider from a mechanical.

Not sure I like that it does.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,648
    What if the mechanical occurred as a result of a crash, but the rider wasn't brought down?

What if a rider suffers a mechanical issue causing a GC rider to be delayed avoiding them?

There's too many grey areas so the rule is simplified to any issues in the last 3k and you get the same time as the group you're with
  • mididoctors
    Tricky circuit finishes are win
  • mididoctors
    The 1 k rule era was crash madness ..both the frequency and size of crashes was larger
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    You've got to feel sorry for Almeida getting an old fashioned disease like Covid. That's like coming down with smallpox or scurvy.
    Twitter: @RichN95