Tubeless repair - GP5000 TL

Hi all, just pulled a nail out of my nearly new tyre and want to make a permanent repair. I am worried that the tyre might be structurally weakened / the nail was in the middle of the tyre and not near the sidewall?

Would these work and if so what's the method?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131208504777?hash=item1e8ca2e5c9:g:J4sAAOSwHnRhLLaW

Comments

• singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,495
    Can you repair it with something like superglue?
    Some people will say to use a flexible glue as superglue dries very hard.
  • wobblebob
    wobblebob Posts: 73
    I've repaired holes that were too big for tyre worms/ Stans darts in tubeless tyres using normal bicycle inner tube puncture repair patches. Stick to the inside of the tyre with rubber cement as you would an inner tube. Leave to dry over night, add fresh sealant and inflate
  • Rema Tip Top tyre repair kit is what you need.

They're similar to the tube repair kits but for tyres. Fitted the same way though to the inner face of the tyre. Just make sure to clean all the dried sealant before you install.

Loads of places sell them as kits or you can buy the patches and cement separately.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    @O.P. - those things you posted the link to are bloody great things for car tyres. Not convinced you'd fit one in a road bike tyre. Rema kit above would be my recommendation
  • trevor.hall12
    trevor.hall12 Posts: 416
    Have you tried inflating it and spinning a few times for it to seal with sealant on its own ?
  • dangardner27
    dangardner27 Posts: 118

Have you tried inflating it and spinning a few times for it to seal with sealant on its own ?

Yes and it was just too large to seal unfortunately. I think then I'll give the Rema kit a try. Thanks all.
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    Hutchinson Rep Air Tubeless Repair Kit or Velox Tubeless repair kit have reinforced patches that don't stretch or bulge. Probably a bit like the Rema kit. These are the best solution for a permanent repair when you're at home and prepared to take the tyre off.

Dynaplugs are what I use out on the road to plug a non-sealing holes, and these can provide a permanent repair. In my experience they are much better than standard worms as they're easier to insert and don't work their way back out due to air pressure. I wouldn't use a Dynaplug if I was already back home because the above patches are a better permanent repair. I wouldn't ride tubeless without a decent solution for plugging non-sealing holes, and Dynaplugs are the best I have found.