Replacing tire on Mach1 Wheels

Without retelling my entire "tail of woe" about the rear wheel on my road bike. Suffice to say the local bike shop replaced it for me a few weeks ago with a Mach1 for €150 - pricey I thought, but hey ho.

The mechanic told me when I was collecting it, that the tire was "pretty tight" on the Mach1, but "he got there in the end". So it appears that "pretty tight" is the understatement of the century.

I inevitably got a puncture today going through a pothole at the end of a 50KM spin. I went to remove the tire this evening to replace the tube and it appears to be literally welded to the rim. Like when I press hard on the tire, no space appears between the tire and the rim to slip in a tire lever ... I mean literally no space, zero, nothing, nada ... it is like they are welded onto the rim, its insane?

Any ideas or tircks????

Ray K

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Never heard of these rims but I had a similar problem with my prime rims which are tubeless. However I run tubes on mine. Make sure you get all the air out, then it’s a case grabbing the tyre with both hands and moving it till you break the seal. Then you can get the levers in.
    As for getting the tyre back on I suggest you buy a tyre glider.
  • trevor.hall12
    trevor.hall12 Posts: 417
    Is it a fixie? Mostly see mach wheels on them
    And is it a tubeless tyre ?
  • RayKinsella
    RayKinsella Posts: 50
    I eventually got it off ... bike is not a fixie, nor was it tubeless.