System Six wheels advices

Hi, I'm currently riding a System Six with the default wheel set in 64 mm. I love them to go fast, but for windy days not so much. I would like to buy an alternative wheel set that is more versatile. I have my eyes on the:

- Ventoux S EVO Series from Farsports 45 mm or 55mm
- Windspace Hyper in 50mm

Do you guys think 45 mm would look weird on a big aero geometry frame like my System Six? I think the 50 mm depth is perfect, but there are not a lot of choices.

What would you do?

Thanks.

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    I'd stick with the 64s and so would MF - perfect all round depth.

But you are right - 45 will look silly.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918
    Sell it and buy an Aeroad instead!
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613
    Get a different bike for the windy days. Maybe that Colnago from the classifieds.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,624
    Whoda thought sail shaped bikes catch the wind.
  • jondion
    jondion Posts: 4
    mrb123 said:

Get a different bike for the windy days. Maybe that Colnago from the classifieds.

Waiting on my Crux 2022. I think I will be good of all conditions after that.
  • Are you talking about a second set of wheels only for windy days or a permanent switch?

In terms of appearance it depends on what size SS you have. 45s would be ok on a small frame but, as MF said, not great on a 56+.

If you have a Crux on the way I'd just stick with the Knots, they are designed for that frame. If you really want a new set of wheels I'd recommend light bicycle WR50 over the Winspace.

Bikeauthority.cc
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    What do you think of the SystemSix ?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]