friday think of the bees

'ning

mild, but threat of soggy

ride earlier to avoid rain, cafes, wfh, early bail, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Gentle run along the seafront then a decent pig based breakfast and off to the offices.

Hopefully get away at a reasonable time as it’s a 3hr office to pub trip
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Wfw. Riding in. Last few bits of presentations to polish up. Make sure all ready to fly preparations all complete. Get good night's kip. Not actually due at LHR until midday tomorrow, but being ready is good.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Woke early. Why? Feeling tired. Drop off rental wheels soon. Then all sorts of admin type juggling to attend to, and of course more Sorting of the Stuff. Where's the sun?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,613
    orraloon said:

Woke early. Why? Feeling tired. Drop off rental wheels soon. Then all sorts of admin type juggling to attend to, and of course more Sorting of the Stuff. Where's the sun?

The sun's not here that's for sure. Had a bit of a lie at least as no office trip needed. And it's a half day today as there's garden furniture to be screwed together and we want to sit on it on the weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Wfw. Riding in. Last few bits of presentations to polish up. Make sure all ready to fly preparations all complete. Get good night's kip. Not actually due at LHR until midday tomorrow, but being ready is good.

Are you going to fraternise with Japanese 'girls' (women) in school outfits?
    I mean, Mrs B³ hasn't sounded like a whole lotta fun recently and you'll be 12,000 miles away...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Are you going to fraternise with Japanese 'girls' (women) in school outfits?
    I mean, Mrs B³ hasn't sounded like a whole lotta fun recently and you'll be 12,000 miles away...
    This will be Beano in Tokyo next week :)
    https://youtu.be/VhQhZyNKqhM
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks, attempted a slow start but others WFH has meant I'm up too. Off to the quacks for a blood test shortly then out for our ride, suspect we'll get wet at some point.
  • pinno
    Well.
    Shorty did well at the school sports yesterday. 4 firsts out of... 4. She fell in the sack race, got up and still won.
    The 'endurance' race was twice round this track and up a small hill (it had a reminiscence of Cheltenham). She did the right thing and made sure she was on the inside nearest the line.
    But so knackered she was, it ended up in tears and grumpiness before bed. I tried presenting the idea that you can be tired and happy to have achieved something. This rationale wasn't entertained.

Cleaning rental pad today after long marathon glossing yesterday - should be the last. I'm farqed before even starting.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Left the orifice and just missed the lights at the end of the road. Waited a few minutes for the lights to change and green light = downpour :neutral:

Made it to the big car park before it got too soggy and hid under a tree with a blackbird.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    johngti said:

Evening. Shoot day, migraine for most of it. Helped by bringing this little chap home though…

Settled in already?
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    He’s fast asleep in a playpen at the moment but he seems pretty happy and chilled so far!
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

He’s fast asleep in a playpen at the moment but he seems pretty happy and chilled so far!

Very cute. Hopefully he hasn't shat on the carpet yet :)
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Not yet! He’s been outside a couple of times but seems to be pretty well in control of his functions

Of course, I’ll regret saying that very soon…
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    johngti said:

Evening. Shoot day, migraine for most of it. Helped by bringing this little chap home though…

Fookin' brilliant. Dogs are ace. Despite what the acolytes of bastet round here will tell you.

Got all my bits and bobs ready. The week's schedule is packed, meeting lots of senior guys, so preparing my A game, lots of dinners with previous expats. Really looking forward to the food and the "otherness".

Discovered today that we supply the carbon to a German bicycle wheel manufacturer of whom someone here is fond. Been chatting up the sales guy, see if I can get a sample set. I think chance is <0.
  • pinno

johngti said:

Fookin' brilliant. Dogs are ace. Despite what the acolytes of bastet round here will tell you.

Got all my bits and bobs ready. The week's schedule is packed, meeting lots of senior guys, so preparing my A game, lots of dinners with previous expats. Really looking forward to the food and the "otherness".

Discovered today that we supply the carbon to a German bicycle wheel manufacturer of whom someone here is fond. Been chatting up the sales guy, see if I can get a sample set. I think chance is <0. </p>
    Perhaps you'll need to shag him.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Not yet! He’s been outside a couple of times but seems to be pretty well in control of his functions

So far so good jgti.

How old is the little fella?
  • Stevo_666

Song for the flight over tomorrow...
    https://youtu.be/nGy9uomagO4
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

So far so good jgti.

13 weeks. Went outside and did a nice big poo. The dog, not me. That’s a good sign! He’s made himself right at home.
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2022
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

So far so good jgti.

13 weeks. Went outside and did a nice big poo. The dog, not me. That’s a good sign! He’s made himself right at home.
    :D

Good start. Cockerpoos are a lovely breed - if we didn't think so, we wouldn't have two of them! Ours love spending a lot of time just loafing around in the garden now that the weather's nice.