Giro 2022 - Stage 11: Santarcangelo di Romagna – Reggio Emilia 203 km ***Spoilers***

2»

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,254
    Can someone explain that De Bondt move?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,928
    Ewan's due to pull out ahead of the weekend anyway isn't he?
  • kingstongraham

Ewan's due to pull out ahead of the weekend anyway isn't he?

Still would have had a chance today.
  • ah good, Cees Bol's heartrate

Really gives the complete picture of what's going on...
  • kingstongraham

Yes but what's cees bols strain

• Yes but what's cees bols strain

Something very Spinal Tap about that Strain Rating

"What's the maximum?"
    "21"
    "Why not make it 20?"
    "cos this one goes up to 21"
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    Commentators ever since I've been watching: "It's flat out here, a real battle for the front"

Meanwhile lone rider is maintaining his gap off the front, rider heart rate being displayed at barely ticking over and Alpecin riders carrying bottles and having a laugh.
  • kingstongraham
    Pross said:

Commentators ever since I've been watching: "It's flat out here, a real battle for the front"

Meanwhile lone rider is maintaining his gap off the front, rider heart rate being displayed at barely ticking over and Alpecin riders carrying bottles and having a laugh.

Think that's the key isn't it - if they were trying anything, he would be caught in no time.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,622
    Without wishing to ruin the entertainment, but a peloton going at 70kmph will ride a km (e.g. the final one) 28.5 seconds quicker than a rider going at 45kmph.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    edited May 2022
    Everyone on the left out that corner went faster
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • kingstongraham
    Dainese - where did that come from?
  • mididoctors
    Unexpected
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,622
    Cav's finished.
  • So much more speed than anyone else, didn't even bike throw
  • kingstongraham

Probably higher now.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    You've got to give it to Gaviria, he seems to find new people to beat him all the time.
  • mididoctors
    Fast stage ...thank God it wasn't a head wind
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Dainese came from way back
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,707
    Arguably the Morkov type leadout is more important nowadays than the finisher.
  • mididoctors

Arguably the Morkov type leadout is more important nowadays than the finisher.

Everyone who went wide on that final corner went backwards
  • mididoctors

Fffuufff 14.7 interesting
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,417
    Who cares! Orla was wearing little white socks with high heel strappy sandals on GCN this evening <3<3<3

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    edited May 2022

I bloody love a good Roman road

They crossed the Rubicon during the neutral rollout too - noticed one of the town names in the highlights.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_the_Rubicon

Some more on Via Emilia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Via_Aemilia

The podcast the Rest is History did a two parter on the crossing of the Rubicon and the rise of Julius Caesar, first part linked below: https://open.spotify.com/episode/6XRy6DIArUfuqtgZgzb9M4?si=o1GbRFgmQ6msRsFNVU2-Cw&utm_source=copy-link

I can fully recommend Tom Holland's book (not that Tom Holland) on the Rubicon (amongst other things) - I got it as an audiobook after listening to the podcast https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubicon:_The_Last_Years_of_the_Roman_Republic

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342

Can someone explain that De Bondt move?

Wonder if they actually have a DS or if they just all attack whenever, wherever...
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253

Who cares! Orla was wearing little white socks with high heel strappy sandals on GCN this evening <3<3<3 </p>

She had pink socks the other night. Not a good look but normally you only see her from waist up. Blythe and his shirts scare me.