Forum home Road cycling forum Indoor training and turbo forum

Cycling Shorts

Probably a silly question but when turbo training do you prefer full bib shorts or just waist shorts where you don't need to worry about the straps?

Posts

  • webboowebboo Posts: 4,326
    I wear the same shorts I wear when riding outside, which are all bib shorts. Tend to use older pairs which have gone a bit see through.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 9,283
    webboo said:

    I wear the same shorts I wear when riding outside, which are all bib shorts. Tend to use older pairs which have gone a bit see through.

    Any pics??
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • super_davosuper_davo Posts: 749
    I'm a convert to waist shorts for the turbo, with a wicking t-shirt on top. Nothing quite like the cooling you can get the with fan blowing upwards at you under the t shirt.

    Used to use old bibshorts but the thing that tends to go first for me is the pad which if anything is even more important on the turbo than the roads.

    DHB do a nice basic set for £30 (less if you've got discount).
  • molteni_manmolteni_man Posts: 326

    Probably a silly question but when turbo training do you prefer full bib shorts or just waist shorts where you don't need to worry about the straps?

    I use both. I have a pair of Endura FS260 waist shorts which have been excellent. Super pad and have stayed comfortable for ages. My set up is in my garage and these are particularly useful when it’s v cold out there.I still sweat plenty out there when it’s cold and find bib straps get soaked with sweat and then get quite icy cold to the skin with the sweat.
    I use bib shorts too and as per road riding do find these more comfortable overall.
    As Super-Davo says it’s really important to wear decent bib shorts on the turbo. I started off by thinking it would be ok to wear my older more worn out bib shorts, but quickly found out that turbo riding can be even more ‘ intense’ than being out on the road. Old knackered bib shorts were quickly consigned to the bin as did start to rub!
    Probably worth trying both bib and waist. I try to mix it around in any case and not wear the same pair all the time too and use chamois cream for longer rides.
  • webboowebboo Posts: 4,326
    seanoconn said:

    webboo said:

    I wear the same shorts I wear when riding outside, which are all bib shorts. Tend to use older pairs which have gone a bit see through.

    Any pics??
    Missus away in Poland this week. The photos are in the post ;)
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 9,283
    webboo said:

    seanoconn said:

    webboo said:

    I wear the same shorts I wear when riding outside, which are all bib shorts. Tend to use older pairs which have gone a bit see through.

    Any pics??
    Missus away in Poland this week. The photos are in the post ;)
    👍😂

    We’re off to Poland in August. Polish Missus, no choice.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Thanks all. I have purchased a pair of non bib shorts and will experiment and see which option I prefer.
Sign In or Register to comment.