Giro 2022 - Stage 7: Diamante – Potenza 196 km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    Break finally formed? I'm following via the PCS tracker, so no real idea what is happening.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,262
    DeadCalm said:

Break finally formed? I'm following via the PCS tracker, so no real idea what is happening.

Yes, pink jersey just called a pee break.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583

They won't ride with carapaz

Of course not. Nor is going to go solo with 136km to go. He's crushed some dreams though.
    Yeah .that's cycling I guess
    No need to annoy people for no reason though.
    In training for the move back to Movistar.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    Pross said:

They won't ride with carapaz

Of course not. Nor is going to go solo with 136km to go. He's crushed some dreams though.
    Yeah .that's cycling I guess
    No need to annoy people for no reason though.
    In training for the move back to Movistar.
    LOL
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Mechanicals are rife
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    So Poels has opposition for the KoM competition from Blondie Bouwman.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors

So Poels has opposition for the KoM competition from Blondie Bouwman.

Could be a good competition
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    Is anyone else getting a stripey picture on the helicopter shots? I've had the same thing for the previous two stages as well, shots from the motorbikes are fine though.
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2022
    Pross said:

Is anyone else getting a stripey picture on the helicopter shots? I've had the same thing for the previous two stages as well, shots from the motorbikes are fine though.

Hadn't noticed but watching on a smart phone ... May be
  • blazing_saddles
    Pross said:

No.
    Mine pictures are fine.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Poels looking like he’s going get dropped, then looking fine, then dodgy again. I wish he’d make his mind up.
  • blazing_saddles
    The gradients of the big climb has blown up the breakaway.
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2022
    Poels has left all his glycogen on the last hill
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,262
    webboo said:

Poels looking like he’s going get dropped, then looking fine, then dodgy again. I wish he’d make his mind up.

Wish granted. As soon as it hit the steep climb.
  • webboo
    webboo said:

Now off the back.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,846
    Has vdp won yet? ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • blazing_saddles
    edited May 2022
    Wtf is it with Eurosport but they do the same thing every time.
    Wait for things to start happening on the road then shove pictures into a small box and bring on distractions.
  • mididoctors
    Kms ticking by slowly on this climb
  • webboo
  • mididoctors
    Mollema needs to clip off early but I think jumbo have this ....needs a chat with formolo
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,907
    Not the most exciting race is it?
  • mididoctors
    Ineos keep doing all the work
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2022
    phreak said:

Not the most exciting race is it?

Measured. The GC teams bluffing behind has neutralised a lot of the racing . Trek have played there hand well and bike exchange have hidden . Ineos showing fear
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    edited May 2022
    Displaying the Whoop strain scores is totally meaningless.

HR is only marginally less meaningless, it doesn't really mean anything unless you know what their max is - 160 could be really high or only moderate depending on the rider. So you've no way of telling whether 160 means they are working really hard or riding sweetspot.
  • mididoctors
    DSM have kept out the wind too
  • mididoctors
    Not a lot of Peloton left
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Can anyone Chromecast gcn today? I can other services but not gcn at the minute.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blazing_saddles
    Not sure why Ineos are chasing so hard, unless it's to stop Dumoulin from getting back too much lost time.
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo should just keep.it together
  • mididoctors
    Yes go mollema