thursday demonstrating the principle of least action

'ning

bit nippy to start, but no rain

ride cafe, wfh with early bail, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,697
    Moaning,

    Cool but no rain :) WFW shorley and a couple of jobs on the way home, if I remember
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,857
    Walk hounds and then the joys of the M6 toll, etc.

    Meeting fun for most of the day then a gentle run with a pal and then hopefully back in time for a few pints
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,501
    windycold out, brr

    two cafes and a pain au choc so far, cafe stroll in a while, savoury this time

    catch up on gd'i later
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,375
    Day 3 in the Twatcave and I'll need a change of scenery soon, so off into town tomorrow where coincidentally there's an expenses paid lunch to celebrate surviving year end and the bloody auditors. Told the minions what their pay rises and bonuses are so they're fairly happy for now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,660
    Rumblewagon's engine mgmt system baffled mechanics, couldn't reset codes post service work. All sorted (disconnect the warning light? ) now so pedal over to collect. Plus point is yesterday was soggy, today is sunny.

    Rental market crazy. Letting agents already lined up several viewings for Saturday. Now just how untidy can I make it appear?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,306
    sungod said:

    windycold out, brr

    two cafes and a pain au choc so far, cafe stroll in a while, savoury this time

    catch up on gd'i later

    Another boring flat stage and probably another boring sprint made a teensy weensy bit more interesting with Cav and Caleb probably in the mix providing they get over the early bump.
    I'll tune in with 200 metres to go.

    #preyforabreakaway

    Tomorrow looks spicy.
    Will Yates dream be shattered by a young Lopez?
    Dumoulin should retire given his negativity.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,306
    Anyhoo, day of admin and emails but no decoratin'/scrapin'/cleanin'/cursin'/bashin'/smashin'.

    Watch some cyclists go around town later.

    Will pedal when essentials are cleared out of the intray.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,306
    Grumpy chops:


    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,501
    pinno said:

    sungod said:

    windycold out, brr

    two cafes and a pain au choc so far, cafe stroll in a while, savoury this time

    catch up on gd'i later

    Another boring flat stage and probably another boring sprint made a teensy weensy bit more interesting with Cav and Caleb probably in the mix providing they get over the early bump.
    yeah, flat boring, my plan is re-run the etna stage on eurosport, have been avoiding hearing the result or checking gc
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    sungod said:

    pinno said:

    sungod said:

    windycold out, brr

    two cafes and a pain au choc so far, cafe stroll in a while, savoury this time

    catch up on gd'i later

    Another boring flat stage and probably another boring sprint made a teensy weensy bit more interesting with Cav and Caleb probably in the mix providing they get over the early bump.
    yeah, flat boring, my plan is re-run the etna stage on eurosport, have been avoiding hearing the result or checking gc
    glad i read this before tuning in - gonna do exactly the same re Etna.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Cool/mild, cloudy and still. Perfect mowing weather. A few hours later... I've done about 2/3 of it. Will finish the job tomorrow or Saturday if the weather holds up. Hopefully the last time before spring.

    CAB watching the racing on telly any more, broadcast is too late for me to bother these days.





    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,306

    Cool/mild, cloudy and still. Perfect mowing weather. A few hours later... I've done about 2/3 of it. Will finish the job tomorrow or Saturday if the weather holds up. Hopefully the last time before spring.

    CAB watching the racing on telly any more, broadcast is too late for me to bother these days.





    Yeahbut -Robbie Mcewan is a pretty darn good commentator. i hope he ousts the annoying Hatch.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    McEwen (sp?) is good. He was a fixture here on the public broadcaster SBS which has had the cycling coverage for many years, along with a local host Michael Tomalaris - who was pretty good - and a couple of others.

    Tomalaris was rather suddenly let go last year, reasons not clear but was not a happy parting. IIRC McEwen's contract was "not renewed" either also for no reasons other than they wanted a "refresh" which seems like BS. He was also pretty unhappy about being dumped I think. That's why he's now available for other channels I assume.

    I've not tuned in since to see who's left.



    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    0-120 km in a week is not a good idea after a fairly long period of relative slothfulness. I mean, I get my daily 10k or so steps in from walking to stations and to work, and exercising the dog. I will be wfh from tomorrow and rubbing liniment into my thighs, and sudocreme onto my barse. Ooof.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,306
    Cycling tour series came to Stranraer and whilst the women's race wasn't well frequented, the men's was. Fast. Really fast.
    Asked politely for a Bidon for Shorty and she got a hat too from Trinity racing. I thought seen as their man won they would be conducive and they were.
    The US criterium champion won - came out of the last bend, 120m to go 3 lengths ahead and won the sprint at a canter.

    I guess the locals didn't know the tradition of banging the boards but the commentator managed to generate some input and I did my best.

    A good day. I hope it comes back net year.
    National Champs in Kircudbright (pronounced Kurkoobrie) in June. From the Olympic curling champion (who lives in my local village), to the World Skiff championships, now a national cycling event and the National champs, we're on the map.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,288
    Excellent, sounds good Piña. I really enjoyed watching the Olympic events going through these parts, obviously not something that's going to happen here again. The women's race was the more impressive spectacle, but that was probably due to the weather conditions being really grim.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,660
    Might say point of order m'lud, but i'd go with Kercoobree. But then I'z not from round those parts. Yet.

    Rumblewagon back and running sweet, gave me an afternoon of mowing and flaming for a remaining client, on the wind down. Another one where I've stopped asked me to call in past, nice chat and gave me a pressie of a 2011 Pauillac bottle, Christmas sorted.

    The nat champs road race in June has multiple loops through Castle Douglas, women and men's races. Runs up King St. Ooh, I can see a sesh at the Sulwath microbrewery tap room with repeated step outs onto the pavement with cowbell.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,306
    orraloon said:

    Might say point of order m'lud, but i'd go with Kercoobree. But then I'z not from round those parts. Yet.

    Rumblewagon back and running sweet, gave me an afternoon of mowing and flaming for a remaining client, on the wind down. Another one where I've stopped asked me to call in past, nice chat and gave me a pressie of a 2011 Pauillac bottle, Christmas sorted.

    The nat champs road race in June has multiple loops through Castle Douglas, women and men's races. Runs up King St. Ooh, I can see a sesh at the Sulwath microbrewery tap room with repeated step outs onto the pavement with cowbell.

    Numerous vantage points to be had. What a lovely part of Galloway to have the race.
    Are we hooking up or are you going to drink beer all the time?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,306

    Excellent, sounds good Piña. I really enjoyed watching the Olympic events going through these parts, obviously not something that's going to happen here again. The women's race was the more impressive spectacle, but that was probably due to the weather conditions being really grim.

    The woman's race was more interesting. It split early due to a crash and a group of 4 containing the eventual winner went clear and the chase was on.
    17 year old, yes 17 year old Emma Jeffers won the sprint - with restricted gearing as she is classed as a junior.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,375
    pinno said:


    Are we hooking up

    What a horrible thought. I suppose you need something pretty drastic to take your mind off the footy :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,660
    pinno said:

    orraloon said:

    Might say point of order m'lud, but i'd go with Kercoobree. But then I'z not from round those parts. Yet.

    Rumblewagon back and running sweet, gave me an afternoon of mowing and flaming for a remaining client, on the wind down. Another one where I've stopped asked me to call in past, nice chat and gave me a pressie of a 2011 Pauillac bottle, Christmas sorted.

    The nat champs road race in June has multiple loops through Castle Douglas, women and men's races. Runs up King St. Ooh, I can see a sesh at the Sulwath microbrewery tap room with repeated step outs onto the pavement with cowbell.

    Numerous vantage points to be had. What a lovely part of Galloway to have the race.
    Are we hooking up or are you going to drink beer all the time?
    That's the week after The Move. But, with the exit of the rental hotel coinciding still working on The Plan. E.g. on the Friday would I rather pootle down to Kercoobree and watch the criterium OR be in da saff giving house keys to the end of tenancy deep clean team? With a daughter living in the same estate, there's an option. Unless she's in Canada that week... All tbc

    That Sulwath taproom is rather good 😉
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,306
    Stevo_666 said:

    pinno said:


    Are we hooking up

    What a horrible thought. I suppose you need something pretty drastic to take your mind off the footy :p
    Still a point clear of the spuds.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!