Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Cio

at home - its bambina's first GCSE and doing dad's taxi so the entire world and all its petty little insignificantproblems can feckoff as its all about priorities and she is da number one priority at the mo'. #totaldadsupport

Good luck Bambina.
    grazie!
    Stevo_666 said:

Sitting in the cafe of our local garden centre having lunch - baked spud downed, coffee supping underway, bacon sarnie on the way. Cafe is under glass so quite subtropical here :smile: WFH has its benefits.

lunch in the garden centre? i didn't know you were that old.....
    Seems I am now....nice and warm and does a great bacon sarnie. Coffee a bit average but I'm a coffee Philistine.
    If they do a nice carrot cake I’m there!
    They do. I'll go for the discount next time so see you next Tuesday?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Cio

at home - its bambina's first GCSE and doing dad's taxi so the entire world and all its petty little insignificantproblems can feckoff as its all about priorities and she is da number one priority at the mo'. #totaldadsupport

Good luck Bambina.
    grazie!
    Stevo_666 said:

Sitting in the cafe of our local garden centre having lunch - baked spud downed, coffee supping underway, bacon sarnie on the way. Cafe is under glass so quite subtropical here :smile: WFH has its benefits.

Seems I am now....nice and warm and does a great bacon sarnie. Coffee a bit average but I'm a coffee Philistine.
    has it got a license and sells booze?

i reckon you should get slaughtered. turn it into a right sesh.

get shedded in a shed so to speak.
    Sadly no. But the two boozers within 300m of my house have that covered.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,412
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Cio

Good luck Bambina.
    grazie!
    Stevo_666 said:

Potty mouth.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Cio

Good luck Bambina.
    grazie!
    Stevo_666 said:

Potty mouth.
    And here's me trying to be subtle :p They do have discounts on Tuesdays - although I might need ID :smile:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Decided I'd finish the firewood storage down behind the shed this morning, before tackling any mowing or other jobs. Figured it'd be all done by lunch...

Two old extra-wide pallets, trimmed and tidied up.
    Filled in gaps using old scrap boards that have been stacked away for ages. Had to rip them down to width first.
    Scavenged some solid lengths of 6*2 to use as end frames from building site next door
    Ransacked the stash of old bolts/washers/nuts to find suitable. Had to cut a few bolts down.
    Much drilling and bolting up, including random wedge spacers to compensate for the warped bits
    Bolted a couple of batten pieces to concrete block wall to stop the whole thing sliding away once loaded up
    Cleaned up, downed tools just on 5pm.

It's massively over-engineered, but at least we now have plenty of space to start stacking all the random dead tree bits that keep falling over around the place.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,412
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Cio

Good luck Bambina.
    grazie!
    Stevo_666 said:

Potty mouth.
    And here's me trying to be subtle :p They do have discounts on Tuesdays - although I might need ID :smile:
    I’m unwhooshable 😎

Ooh, I might join you for the ID check/flattery 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Afternoon folks,
    I'm happy to report i'm too young for discount Tuesday at Stevo's garden centre.
    Another busy day in the orifice dealing with too much of the brown and sticky stuff, and I don't mean sticks. Just went to Greg's and fortified myself ready for tonight's ride with a steak bake and a couple of sausage rolls. Later will be the pub for some recovery drinks after the exertion, exertion being a relative term of course.
    Shame you can't join us Seano, maybe next time. You need to get your new bike out more, but you have to be gentle with us. It's not a race, the standard excuse given by people that know they are going to lose.
    Just had a delivery from CRC, that's going to live under my desk until tomorrow when I'm in the car.
    Anywho, onwards and upwards...
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    I'm happy to report i'm too young for discount Tuesday at Stevo's garden centre.

See you next year doesn't have quite the same ring to it ;)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Wine in a plastic cup, classy
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Cheeky git, I was on the water. Wine and Panzers don't mix.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Cheeky git, I was on the water. Wine and Panzers don't mix.
    Tbh the Russians would probably drive their tanks better if they shedded....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    As an aside, I got bored, did a weights sesh and went and Veeted everything in the shower. Now back to toned eel.

Doughnut and tea with bambina time
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,690
    Never got the call from the garage this pm with truck in for service, I phoned them 1/2h ahead of their closing time, enough for a quick pedal over to collect, went to answerphone. Annoying. Did ask them to look at couple of minor issues, maybe awaiting a part. But shirley a quick update call to their customer would be in order...?

I will find out in t'morning. But it disrupts what would have been one of my few remaining work work days. Sorry my client, can't make it.

A day of sorting through boxes of Stuff. Xxxx me, there's a lot to be got rid of, in progress. Freecycle posts a-plenty.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,353
    Why oh why oh why do people think they can paint tiles?

What a frikkin mess.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

What a frikkin mess.

Why would they not buy tiles in the colour they want?!
  • beansnikpoh
    V and I bailed due to "otter's pocket syndrome".
    A leisure ride through standing water with squelching shoes and a squeaky de-lubed chain is no fun.

Seems like next Monday or Wednesday is the replay if we can tempt any other SW Londoners (if I understood V's message correctly).
  • beansnikpoh
    edited May 2022

pinno said:

What a frikkin mess.

Why would they not buy tiles in the colour they want?!
    Oh, this is your rental perhaps? Just have the ex tenants flogged and keep the deposit?
  • veronese68

V and I bailed due to "otter's pocket syndrome".
    A leisure ride through standing water with squelching shoes and a squeaky de-lubed chain is no fun.

Seems like next Monday or Wednesday is the replay if we can tempt any other SW Londoners (if I understood V's message correctly).

Exactly this, I singlehandedly stopped the rain by deployment of a boil in the bag waterproof. Lots of standing water to punish me for removing my mudguards at the weekend.
    Yes, Monday or Wednesday next week, Seano the raspberry can join our glacial paceline 😬
    Is that PPP P? Set your former tenant alight and trebuchet them into the middle of next week.
  • veronese68
    Good night in the boozer talking utter ballcocks with a few mates.
  • Stevo_666
    I avoided the joint account thing. Sounds like a few on here would have been well advised to do the same...
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

I avoided the joint account thing. Sounds like a few on here would have been well advised to do the same...

nah. in for a penny in for a pound literally

when we first got together i was earning literally double than TDV. She now earns shedloads more than me.

it how it all works out - tbh, i'm pretty nonplussed about it - some blokes would get all male defensive about it - I'm a meh: so long as I have a hundred or do squids to fritter on bike bits a month and can grab a lunch/,pint here or there, I'm happy.

at the end of the day, its just money - theres far more important things to get stressy about.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,564
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

at the end of the day, its just money - theres far more important things to get stressy about.
    Says the guy who lives in a tax haven, claims to own 4 houses and a flat in London and does international investments.
    There are lots of people having to stress about money.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

when we first got together i was earning literally double than TDV. She now earns shedloads more than me.

it how it all works out - tbh, i'm pretty nonplussed about it - some blokes would get all male defensive about it - I'm a meh: so long as I have a hundred or do squids to fritter on bike bits a month and can grab a lunch/,pint here or there, I'm happy.

Money is a bit like oxygen; it's not a big deal unless you don't have enough.

A joint account is usually a good way of making sure you don't have enough. If you've ever read the book 'Liars Poker' by Michael Lewis the principle was that your expenses will always rise to meet your income. The main character was married...
  • MattFalle
    edited May 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

A joint account is usually a good way of making sure you don't have enough. If you've ever read the book 'Liars Poker' by Michael Lewis the principle was that your expenses will always rise to meet your income. The main character was married...
    no - i'm saying that there are far more important things in a relationship to worry about rather than who earns whst/how.

don't get lost in machobullshit about having to earn more.

of course having enough money to live is vital - that's bloodyobvious and goes without saying and shouldn't really need to be pointed out.

• beansnikpoh
    We have a joint account for joint household expenses; mortgage/school fees/food/power/water/insurances/car/petrol/broadband/kid's clothes etc. That's split proportionally according to our net pay. We get salary paid into our own accounts, pay the joint account, then whatever is left over in our own accounts is ours to fritter/squirrel away. Works pretty well for us. 10 years ago I was paying way more into the joint account, now she pays more.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

no - i'm saying that there are far more important things in a relationship to worry about rather than who earns whst/how.

don't get lost in machobullshit about having to earn more.

of course having enough money to live is vital - that's bloodyobvious and goes without saying and shouldn't really need to be pointed out.

I'm not lost at all. In any event there's no competition in my house as Mrs. 666 hasn't done paid employment since 2001, despite me encouraging her to get a job from time to time. (More time working = less time moaning and stressing about stuff that's not very important).
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    We do much the same, just run a joint account for the shared expenses, top it up when needed, and what we do otherwise with our money is not up for discussion much. Mind you, both retired, no mortgage and no debt makes that much easier. 😎
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS