monday is all a figment of my mind

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited May 2022
    They've just got a big tranche of equity funding to expand into Europe, US and APAC. They're hiving off tech co with all the IP with all the TP implications of that. VAT is an issue as they're not a lender, just a clearing bank, so zero rated or exempt clearance application for their service fees is a competitive advantage. Expansion via branches or legal entities or acquisition? As I said, all equity funding, the balance sheet is super simple, as is the corporate structure. Debt and how to structure that will come into it soon Im sure. I'm not going in with closed eyes. I think youngish agile tech companies are the future. I have a host of questions.

There's the opportunity to build out a team, someone with FATCA/CRS reporting experience, a VAT guy, CT compliance to outsource, and me to think about structuring, strategy and transfer pricing.

I said from the start I'm settled. It will need to be right. I've worked for companies with >50k employees for 25 years. A change down could be good. Plus potential IPO gains if that's part of the package. Home working primarily, with offices in London and Bristol, and I'll hopefully have homes near both soon enough.

My employer is still very Japanese. It can be frustrating, local staff arent really valued. I could put up and shut up for 20 years, but I might have a smidge of not exactly ambition, but want to properly shape a tax function.
  • beansnikpoh
    Reading that back, I should have PM'd you.... :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328

Sounds impressive, I think 😂
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538

Bit late now, they're all asleep :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68

sungod said:

if you can't extract it, a smidge of glue in there would probably trap it

See, this is a result of all that lab time. Simple solutions.

I'm fcuking knackered. No gentle spin to get used to it. I'm pretending I've been riding 160km a week in all weathers for 10 years, rather than sitting on my @rse for 5 months. I'm 48 years old. What's left of my hair is grey, my kit doesn't fit. I have silly deep rims and a slammed stem which accentuates my gut. Why am I doing this? Cos it's brilliant. Even on London roads.
    I like this B³ bloke, sounds more my level than that H³ barsteward.
    Nice wobble home from work in shorts and a t-shirt.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Ride more = loose the gut, keep the stem slammed and wind up those deep rims to a howl.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    About the job - don't ask me.
  • beansnikpoh

sungod said:

I'm fcuking knackered. No gentle spin to get used to it. I'm pretending I've been riding 160km a week in all weathers for 10 years, rather than sitting on my @rse for 5 months. I'm 48 years old. What's left of my hair is grey, my kit doesn't fit. I have silly deep rims and a slammed stem which accentuates my gut. Why am I doing this? Cos it's brilliant. Even on London roads.
    See, now if my wife and daughter didn't have never used bikes, I could have a flat bar singlespeed and a mountain bike in my asgard.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

About the job - don't ask me.

Don't worry, we won't ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

sungod said:

See, now if my wife and daughter didn't have never used bikes, I could have a flat bar singlespeed and a mountain bike in my asgard.
    You know the answer - move to the sticks and have loads of room for as many bikes as you want :smile: Actually, aren't you doing that already....?
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

You know the answer - move to the sticks and have loads of room for as many bikes as you want :smile: Actually, aren't you doing that already....?
    No garden (therefore no maintenance) Exmoor and a beach within a mile. Room for a couple of wall racks in the utility room for mtbs though.
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

Ride more = loose the gut, keep the stem slammed and wind up those deep rims to a howl.

Mate, I've been so lazy. Once you get out of the routine of riding in all weathers, the siren call of the train is powerful. I was 3 days a week from Jul to Dec, then Omicron shut the office, and if you're not hardened, Jan Feb and March are minging. The sheer joy of being back on bike now should keep me going. Might even do a wobble with V68 tomorrow after work.
  • pinno
    edited May 2022

Might even do a wobble with V68 tomorrow after work.

2 wobblies? Christ no - that would very dangerous.

• veronese68
    pinno said:

We're taking a doctor with us just in case 😬
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

They might wobble but they won't fall down :p
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562

They've just got a big tranche of equity funding to expand into Europe, US and APAC. They're hiving off tech co with all the IP with all the TP implications of that. VAT is an issue as they're not a lender, just a clearing bank, so zero rated or exempt clearance application for their service fees is a competitive advantage. Expansion via branches or legal entities or acquisition? As I said, all equity funding, the balance sheet is super simple, as is the corporate structure. Debt and how to structure that will come into it soon Im sure. I'm not going in with closed eyes. I think youngish agile tech companies are the future. I have a host of questions.

There's the opportunity to build out a team, someone with FATCA/CRS reporting experience, a VAT guy, CT compliance to outsource, and me to think about structuring, strategy and transfer pricing.

I said from the start I'm settled. It will need to be right. I've worked for companies with >50k employees for 25 years. A change down could be good. Plus potential IPO gains if that's part of the package. Home working primarily, with offices in London and Bristol, and I'll hopefully have homes near both soon enough.

My employer is still very Japanese. It can be frustrating, local staff arent really valued. I could put up and shut up for 20 years, but I might have a smidge of not exactly ambition, but want to properly shape a tax function.

I just cut and pasted that into Google Translate and still didn’t understand the details.

Good luck with it.

Get new employer to buy your new bike as sign-on bonus.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666

I just cut and pasted that into Google Translate and still didn’t understand the details.

Good luck with it.

Get new employer to buy your new bike as sign-on bonus.
    You need taxgeek translate...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    Stevo_666 said:

I’ll save beans’s post for when I’m struggling to get to sleep tonight.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

I’ll save beans’s post for when I’m struggling to get to sleep tonight.
    I thought you'd sleep well after all the activity that's bad for your back? :)
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

thats all very well but whats the ahem, scenery like?

you know, the important stuff

1. showers
    2. coffee
    3. scenery
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • beansnikpoh
    MattFalle said:

1. showers
    2. coffee
    3. scenery
    I can work from my London house, or in the gherkin with a bike commute. Or from my Porlock house or the Bristol office with a car commute. Pretty flexible.

I've given up coffee for mint tea. Palpitations greatly reduced, sleep quality still shyyte, but better.

If you mean feminine scenery. It's a fintech. It's fat computer blokes in red dwarf t shirts endlessly whining about being celibate. Or sales tw@ts banging on about their watches and Du-fcuking-bai.

The senior management are ex-proper bankers. I meet 2 tomorrow, they know their sh1t. I'm hoping they don't see through my de Pfeffel bluster and bombast.

I'm in 2 minds. I'm getting oldish, I'd like to fund my retirement properly, We have 7 years of school fees plus mini's University education if that's what she wants. But I have it relatively easy where I am for what I'm paid. Mrs B³ brings down the dough, so more money for a lot more stress isn't that appealing. Unless it's share options that vest on a potential IPO and mortgages disappear, and I can do something academic which means I can wear elbow patches.
  • Stevo_666

MattFalle said:

1. showers
    2. coffee
    3. scenery
    I can work from my London house, or in the gherkin with a bike commute. Or from my Porlock house or the Bristol office with a car commute. Pretty flexible.

I've given up coffee for mint tea. Palpitations greatly reduced, sleep quality still shyyte, but better.

If you mean feminine scenery. It's a fintech. It's fat computer blokes in red dwarf t shirts endlessly whining about being celibate. Or sales tw@ts banging on about their watches and Du-fcuking-bai.

The senior management are ex-proper bankers. I meet 2 tomorrow, they know their censored . I'm hoping they don't see through my de Pfeffel bluster and bombast.

I'm in 2 minds. I'm getting oldish, I'd like to fund my retirement properly, We have 7 years of school fees plus mini's University education if that's what she wants. But I have it relatively easy where I am for what I'm paid. Mrs B³ brings down the dough, so more money for a lot more stress isn't that appealing. Unless it's share options that vest on a potential IPO and mortgages disappear, and I can do something academic which means I can wear elbow patches.
    Surely Mrs B3 can fund a good chunk of that? Unless she has some very expensive habits. You'll still be double earners which is a pretty good situation to be in.
  • beansnikpoh
    She has expensive habits Stevo. But equally she'll moan about splitting a £30 bill with a friend if she has had less...
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

1. showers
    2. coffee
    3. scenery

The senior management are ex-proper bankers. I meet 2 tomorrow, they know their censored . I'm hoping they don't see through my de Pfeffel bluster and bombast.

so it hits the working from where you want box - sorted.

a shame to have to give up yhe black gold but hey, if the mint tea is doing good stuff then its a winner. TDV has found a line of teas that she loves and has all herbally benefits - will take s snappity pic for you in a bit.

ah. now thats a glitch. at least it mskes you hot stuff. well even hotter than you normally are. the new office totty.

suss them out as much as they are sussing you out. you sin't de pffeffel - we all know you know your stuff do just go in and kickarse like you do best.

its a tricky one - and one that i think you can only decide on once/if they make an offer snd once you've discussed it with Mrs B3. What does she want? She may be happy for you to follow your academic dream now. You never know, she may hsve a dmsll private fancy for elbow patches....

whats your priority?
  • beansnikpoh
    oxoman said:

Beany, rather than ditch the corfee how about trying caffeine free stuff. Got to be better than mint tea. I've had to ditch it for a while for the same reasons and have found I'm ok having the occasional normal coffee with no consequences.
    As to the job, good look with whatever you decide and be happy in whatever you decide.

I tried caffeine free coffee and "normal" tea. I much prefer mint tea.
  • beansnikpoh
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

1. showers
    2. coffee
    3. scenery

a shame to have to give up yhe black gold but hey, if the mint tea is doing good stuff then its a winner. TDV has found a line of teas that she loves and has all herbally benefits - will take s snappity pic for you in a bit.

ah. now thats a glitch. at least it mskes you hot stuff. well even hotter than you normally are. the new office totty.

suss them out as much as they are sussing you out. you sin't de pffeffel - we all know you know your stuff do just go in and kickarse like you do best.

its a tricky one - and one that i think you can only decide on once/if they make an offer snd once you've discussed it with Mrs B3. What does she want? She may be happy for you to follow your academic dream now. You never know, she may hsve a dmsll private fancy for elbow patches....

whats your priority?
    Yeah, I'm getting ahead of myself a bit really! I'm OK where I am, let's see how the interview goes.

What Mrs B³ wants changes all the time...she a strong woman, and all for feminism, but when I mentioned I might want to take my foot off the pedal a bit, do something different, it was like I'd killed her cat...that's for her to do on my money, not vice versa....🙄
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

1. showers
    2. coffee
    3. scenery

whats your priority?
    Yeah, I'm getting ahead of myself a bit really! I'm OK where I am, let's see how the interview goes.

What Mrs B³ wants changes all the time...she a strong woman, and all for feminism, but when I mentioned I might want to take my foot off the pedal a bit, do something different, it was like I'd killed her cat...that's for her to do on my money, not vice versa....🙄
    We’re living in the age of equality my friend. Which roughly translates as what ours is theirs and what’s theirs is their own. My missus has yet to buy me a drink or a meal and it’s not looking likely. Although I’d probably refuse if offered. Why are we such pushovers?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

1. showers
    2. coffee
    3. scenery

whats your priority?

i totally, utterly and completely understand where you're coming from re Mrs B3 - TDV is exactly the same.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    High maintenance ladeez. Now what could possibly go wrong? Let me look back at my life...
    Bonne chance messieurs.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

1. showers
    2. coffee
    3. scenery

whats your priority?

i totally, utterly and completely understand where you're coming from re Mrs B3 - TDV is exactly the same.
    Look on the bright side, at least yours earn some money...