thursday remembering stacia's dance of the seven pineapples

2»

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    tlw1 said:

This tread had me on auto trader looking at motorbikes again, it’s hard not to go with the Ducati isn’t it

Ridden a few but never owned a Duke. Was tempted a while ago with an MV, but knees said no… 🙂
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

Or am I being shovelled off the road in a bin bag after a week?

This ^.
    Sage advice!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    tlw1 said:

This tread had me on auto trader looking at motorbikes again, it’s hard not to go with the Ducati isn’t it

Mine was a fairly lowly model, but it looked and sounded great and was an absolute joy to ride.
    I've hurt myself more riding bikes without engines, both can be dangerous as you are more reliant on others for your safety. But obviously you need a fair amount of self control as it's very easy to go very fast in the blink of an eye and get yourself into trouble. But they 're a lot of fun. Really should put my Bonnie back together one day.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Motorbikes seem to be a popular mid-life crisis option :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Stevo_666 said:

I think it only counts as a mid life crisis if your behaviour changes. I've owned at least one motorbike for over 30 years, buying a sports car when you previously had something sensible would constitute a mid life crisis.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538

Stevo_666 said:

I think it only counts as a mid life crisis if your behaviour changes. I've owned at least one motorbike for over 30 years, buying a sports car when you previously had something sensible would constitute a mid life crisis.
    Just as well I drive an estate then o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

Motorbikes seem to be the utterly fun snd glorious option :)

ftfy
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle

Stevo_666 said:

yup - this.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

What about this for the trips down to Somerset? I'll have clothes down there, no need for luggage.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-details/202205055354810?advertising-location=at_bikes

nah.

get something with z fairing - you'll get blown to bits on that

Gixer 750, Trumpet 675, K5 or K6 Gixer thou if you can find a good one.
    I did wonder about the lack of fairing. I'd want a sports tourer rather than a sports bike.
    Gixer 750. Ticks every single box.