monday is the new sunday

2»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    johngti said:

Wasn’t great. RIP Poppy. Loved to the end. What a good girl

gutted for you John G-T: hope all are ok.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    webboo said:

Terrible news. We had to have Poppy the cat put down at Christmas, however we now have to baby sit these two for the next two years while daughter and family are swanning off.

you realise you now have 2 years of white dog hair everywhere?

this orderly, organised life you have worked so hard for - gone.
  • MattFalle
    edited May 2022
    Vino, hound, chillin'. All a bit empty with TDV away this time.

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508

Jgti, so sorry for you and your family's loss. No idea what to say other than that. Our dog is 7 now. We lost one to an accident. Me, I'm phlegmatic, having lost a daughter after a long long illness, but love is love.

Thanks beans. I didn’t know that your family had that experience so being phlegmatic is thoroughly understandable. Love is, indeed, love.
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

We’re ok thanks MF. Just weird thinking that there’s no longer a dog under our feet constantly. She was a proper family pet. Still. Life goes on!
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

We’re ok thanks MF. Just weird thinking that there’s no longer a dog under our feet constantly. She was a proper family pet. Still. Life goes on!

take time to enjoy remembering all the good times then decide on next move - theres always hounds who need a loving home like yours.

i've got this for company tonight ...

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    johngti said:

Jgti, so sorry for you and your family's loss. No idea what to say other than that. Our dog is 7 now. We lost one to an accident. Me, I'm phlegmatic, having lost a daughter after a long long illness, but love is love.

Thanks beans. I didn’t know that your family had that experience so being phlegmatic is thoroughly understandable. Love is, indeed, love.
    I did not mean in any way to make light of your loss. More that however hard, death is a part of life's experience. Phlegmatic is me pretending to be tough, I'm sure when my dog dies, I'll be in bits.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

take time to enjoy remembering all the good times then decide on next move - theres always hounds who need a loving home like yours.

Dude, your dog looks like a frog ready for dissection.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Sounds like a rather quick demise - if that's any consolation.
    My commiserations Gti.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

Dude, your dog looks like a frog ready for dissection.
    i think its his way of displaying he feels safe and warm.

but yes, I agree.
  • MattFalle
    edited May 2022

johngti said:

I did not mean in any way to make light of your loss. More that however hard, death is a part of life's experience. Phlegmatic is me pretending to be tough, I'm sure when my dog dies, I'll be in bits.
    B3 is mega. So much respect from these parts.
  • johngti

johngti said:

Please don’t think I read it that way!! I thought I’d be all tough about it but I was a mess. I kind of wish I’d been tougher so that I could be the pillar of strength for the boys but Mrs GTi was amazing. I appreciate the sentiment.
  • johngti
    pinno said:

Sounds like a rather quick demise - if that's any consolation.
    My commiserations Gti.

It was so that’s something. Vet said that with labs, the rear end goes first. Poor girl would have been in agony for weeks because her knee had disintegrated but she never let on, just looked a bit stiff.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Sad news @johngti 😢
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS