Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,638
    MattFalle said:

got any x-rays?

ddraver said:

MattFalle said:

got any x-rays?

(turns out nurses really don't like you taking photos of the X rays 😶)
    grazie! and tell them not to be do silly - they're your x-rays for us to be nosey at. 😎
    I had to submit a written request to get mine.

Bad news though DDraver. Are you able to use the other hand?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152
    ddraver said:

MattFalle said:

got any x-rays?

Does that say DD RAV in the bottom left of the screen?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,729
    Chauffeur’s break?
  • Ouch, hope you have a turbo setup to keep your fitness... And good luck with the $$$$ claim!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Hope it heals quickly, I didn't want to be a doom monger and post earlier, but I did think it may be broken. A lot of swelling, particular with hand/feet injuries, often indicates a fracture (having had a few myself over the years!)

I had to submit a written request to get mine.

Bloody hell! Last time I had an x-ray the radiographer handed me a copy of mine, I didn't even ask for them!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,729
    Indeed sorry to hear that DD - looks like a standard break and no need for surgery?

Hopefully if it’s a chauffeur’s break it’ll be straightforward. That was one of the two breaks I had back in October 2020 and it was absolutely fine.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I'm not overly concerned about it, it's just a pain in the arse.

After being ill for 2 weeks with ?COVID, then an unrelated minor-op, March was a write off anyway so I was hoping to get out and about before my next big thing starts in a few weeks.

Luckily that means I have no fitness left to lose I s'pose
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,920

Top drawer artwork.

Not sure he'd pass the physiology exam though. I'm I don't think that arm bones look like that.
  • briantrumpet
    ddraver said:

MattFalle said:

got any x-rays?

You should be able to get copies of your X-rays in digital format. I got my brain scans on a DVD ROM for free.
  • briantrumpet
    ddraver said:

I'm not overly concerned about it, it's just a pain in the censored .

After being ill for 2 weeks with ?COVID, then an unrelated minor-op, March was a write off anyway so I was hoping to get out and about before my next big thing starts in a few weeks.

Luckily that means I have no fitness left to lose I s'pose

Hope you heal quickly. Glad you got checked out. In my experience A&E have never thought me a time-waster in the least for going in after bike spills.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    Interesting views on fault. I'd normally say the driver is at fault for not checking over the shoulder however I always try to ride out of the door zone and have to keep reminding my wife the same. She hugs the pavement and the car line for fear for annoying drivers!!

However I know of an instance involving two young car drivers where the insurance companies allocated blamed differently. In this case one car pulled up in a car park and his mate immediately started to pull alongside but very closely (they were going to chat through the windows). As the 2nd car pulled alongside the first car driver opened the door and the 2nd car drove straight into it crushing the door and the front wing. Both insurance companies agreed the 2nd driver was at fault by not being able to stop in time.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,638
    Not the same as opening a or into traffic. That's always the drivers fault. No ambiguity.
  • katani
    katani Posts: 133
    navrig2 said:

Both insurance companies agreed the 2nd driver was at fault by not being able to stop in time.

Sounds like the first guy knew his pal was already pulling alongside so why did he open the door? On the other hand, the other guy must have been going relatively fast not to have the time to notice the door is opening and slam the brakes. Sounds like neither of them was using his brain at the time.

• navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    katani said:

navrig2 said:

Both insurance companies agreed the 2nd driver was at fault by not being able to stop in time.

Sounds like the first guy knew his pal was already pulling alongside so why did he open the door? On the other hand, the other guy must have been going relatively fast not to have the time to notice the door is opening and slam the brakes. Sounds like neither of them was using his brain at the time.

Agreed. It was in a car park. Nevertheless that's how the insurance was settled.