Rear derailleur compatibility

Hi
I’m not sure I’m in the right place for my question but here goes.
I have a Dawes galaxy classic 2014 but I changed it to more of a hybrid bike,straight bars,v brakes instead of the canterlever ones it came with.
I’ve also replaced the crank for a shimano deore 48-36-26 which is what was the same as originally on the bike and a hg 12-30 10speed rear cassette as per original.
The derailleurs are shimano tiagra 4700 and we’re operated by bar end shifters,now I’ve ditched those and bought a set of sl-m610 rapid fire shifters but the gears won’t set right and on looking on the net there not compatible.
So my question is can anyone recommend derailleurs to suit this set up as I’m a bit confused because most of them say only Dyna-Sys compatible or hg-x chains and my chain is hg
Any advice would be most welcome
Martin

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Road and MTB rear derailleurs have different pull ratios, meaning you can't (usually) use a road mech with an MTB shifter.
    Stick a Deore rear mech on and you should be good to go.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • midz
    midz Posts: 17
    Thanks for getting back to me,I have one on order now
    JBA said:

Road and MTB rear derailleurs have different pull ratios, meaning you can't (usually) use a road mech with an MTB shifter.
    Stick a Deore rear mech on and you should be good to go.