tuesday as the constants run

'ning

gloomy with risk of soggy

ride, cafes, minimal gmc, other stuff to do, bubbly dinner
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Two scheduled runs today will be put into one as we are off early doors to Liverpool for the night with the rug rats.

I assume ale will be involved and buying trainers (somehow become a thing with the kids when we go shopping)

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    ride ridden, though as i forgot to turn on the srm until cafe stop it seems i only rode half distance and almost entirely downhill

dark start, with some raindrops at 7-ish, otherwise quite mild after the recent nippiness, sky brightened now
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    Tree assassins surgeons not showing up today at clients' place, they're away on holiday and asked me to keep eye on things, so holding off the work work start until the slight mizzle does one. An easy pottering 1/2 day or so, no stress.

No stress from that aspect, loads from dragging out property purchase, inability therefore to plan out logistics of move etc, wondering HTF one could actually do long distance runs in hire van if these XR-affiliated a-holes keep disrupting fuel supplies, wondering how with fuel difficulties and the M20 closure one can escape this wunnerful land for the planned Belgian weekender at end of month.... jeez.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Ullapool > Lerwick > Bergen > Oslo > Copenhagen > Hamburg > Bruxelles.

Ta da!

Dull slightly nippy grey on this here the 11th day of the girls Easter holiday 2022.

Might hear if Moses got re-homed today.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    pinno said:

Ta da!

Dull slightly nippy grey on this here the 11th day of the girls Easter holiday 2022.

st pancras > brussel zuid

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    Morning. WFW. Heavy rain and soggy. CBA to ride so took car. Free parking until 16th so not too bad. CBA to do any work. 2 jobs in today so not too taxing. Lots of coffee this morning.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    tlw1 said:

Two scheduled runs today will be put into one as we are off early doors to Liverpool for the night with the rug rats.

Can you not run to a train station, get the train part way, then run the last bit?
    Wife can take the car and kids?
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

Ta da!

st pancras > brussel zuid

But but but - it's a part booze cruise and how much booze can one fit in hand luggage?
  • sungod
    eurostar, as long as you can carry it you're ok, full size suitcases, luggage racks in the carriages

no air security liquid limits, though due to the idiot brexiters you now have to get it past uk customs
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice after a pleasant wobble in. Just had a supplier in to visit, unfortunately they were pushed for time so didn't buy lunch. Should I code everything away from them as punishment? Obviously ignoring the fact they are a good supplier and just acting out of spite. Booze cruise? Didn't think they were a thing any more with the post-Brexit limits we now have.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. First estate agent appointment done this morning, kids fed, car key man currently outside trying to make a key for my “new” motor. Still need to do some 11+ work with junior and do some school work for myself. Living the dream, folks.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Home > gym > home (driving past work) > work > home.

Kids football cancelled due to newts invading the local field
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

My dog looking svelte in Cornwall without me.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Have you renamed him Shawn?
  • beansnikpoh

Have you renamed him Shawn?

She is quite ovine. Especially when her coat is long.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,613
    She looks more Poodle than Spaniel with that cut (Cockerpoo IIRC?)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    Clumber spaniel x miniature poodle, a bit bigger than most cockerpoos. About 11-12 kilos.

I prefer her with a shorter coat like that, so when I take her to the groomer she gets a proper haircut!

• pinno

Clumber spaniel x miniature poodle, a bit bigger than most cockerpoos. About 11-12 kilos.

I prefer her with a shorter coat like that, so when I take her to the groomer she gets a proper haircut!

A Lamb cut?

I do like a Lamb cut. Don't like coiffured pooches.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,613
    We tend to cut ours fairly short - this is a few weeks post clipping.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]