Dolan L'etape SL Carbon Road Bike - Shimano Ultegra R8150-Di2-12SPD

I know opinions are subjective, but does anyone own one of these? I am looking for a new bike around £3k-3.5k, and keen to have Di2, and this ticks the boxes even with a wheelset upgrade to Krysium (although the bike is not in stock until June). I did also look at the Rebus, which is in stock, but I think that's an aero bike, which is not what I'm after. The Ribble Endurance SLR is also of interest, but is not available until September. I also looked at the Boardman SLR 9.6, but they've just increased the price from £3.5k to £3.9k.

Comments

• singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    Did you want rim brakes?
    If so, my understanding is that 8150 12SP Ultegra is available with rim brakes but it is wired rather than wireless.
  • yost72
    yost72 Posts: 51
    singleton said:

Did you want rim brakes?
    If so, my understanding is that 8150 12SP Ultegra is available with rim brakes but it is wired rather than wireless.

Forgive my ignorance, but do you mean that Di2 is not available for 8150 12SP Ultegra or are there wired and wireless versions of Di2? If so, are there drawbacks to having wired?
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    It's rather new, but there are wired and wireless (or perhaps semi-wireless) versions of the new groupset.
    The disc brake shifters are wireless for gear shifts whereas the rim brake shifters are wired.
    More info here:
    https://www.bikeradar.com/news/shimano-ultegra-di2-r8100/
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    I had an earlier model L etape. It was an OK bike but nothing special. A new one with 105 for £1400 would be a good buy but I don't think the frame would justify building into a £3000 + bike.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,779
    lesfirth said:

I had an earlier model L etape. It was an OK bike but nothing special. A new one with 105 for £1400 would be a good buy but I don't think the frame would justify building into a £3000 + bike.

I’ve a 105 Etape for winter. As you said it’s great but not worth hanging an expensive group set on. The Ares would be that bike I think?
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner