thursday sending messages to the pineapple at the end of time

'ning

cold, definitely breezy, possibly precipitation

ride cafes and gmc, definitely early bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«1

Comments

  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Wet and windy this morning. No bike as gym later, and CBA.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,402
    Did a stupid amount of calf raises yesterday for no apparent reason and now my knee is hurting. That’ll teach me. No cycling today, anything over 12mph winds and I’m not interested.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Chilled start as Tired after lots of driving / running too hard and cider. Ok probably more the last one

    WFH without the catering division today. Later is undecided but trying to avoid ale as it’s been a heavy week and I’m off next week
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    Blustery out, I'm hiding away again tapping away on my keyboard and having boring meetings while supping tea.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    thistle_ said:

    Wet and windy this morning. No bike as gym later, and CBA.

    I concur...but without the gym bit.

    When I can hear the wind from my bed in the morning it means I'm not going in by bike.


    Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    last morning at work before Easter leave. home, zwift, gym.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,018
    Got to the gym nice and early this morning, no point contemplating a ride as this weather is taking the precipitation.
    WFW, drinking tea and wondering why machinery in a very large global organization is held together by imperial fastners...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    edited April 2022
    seanoconn said:

    No cycling today, anything over 12mph winds and I’m not interested.

    Does your blouse flap around in the wind too much? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    No cycling today, anything over 12mph winds and I’m not interested.

    Does your blouse flap around in the wind too much? :)
    its because his hair will blow off.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    oxoman said:

    I tend to chicken out at around 20mph especially if it's a gusty wind. Anything over that and I'm not interested.

    The ride home last night was OK in the end, just a bit dodgy when passing field gates on those long, straight roads. Head down and pedal hard.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    No cycling today, anything over 12mph winds and I’m not interested.

    Does your blouse flap around in the wind too much? :)
    its because his hair will blow off.
    You obviously haven't met Seano :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,402
    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    No cycling today, anything over 12mph winds and I’m not interested.

    Does your blouse flap around in the wind too much? :)
    How many bike miles have you commuted this year Stevo?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,402
    Stevo_666 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    No cycling today, anything over 12mph winds and I’m not interested.

    Does your blouse flap around in the wind too much? :)
    its because his hair will blow off.
    You obviously haven't met Seano :)
    Better to shave it off than cling on to a thinning thatch 😉

    I feel a meet with Walter Mitty is unlikely.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    seanoconn said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    No cycling today, anything over 12mph winds and I’m not interested.

    Does your blouse flap around in the wind too much? :)
    its because his hair will blow off.
    You obviously haven't met Seano :)
    Better to shave it off than cling on to a thinning thatch 😉
    @Matthewfalle how's the veet thing worked out?

  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    seanoconn said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    No cycling today, anything over 12mph winds and I’m not interested.

    Does your blouse flap around in the wind too much? :)
    its because his hair will blow off.
    You obviously haven't met Seano :)
    Better to shave it off than cling on to a thinning thatch 😉

    I feel a meet with Walter Mitty is unlikely.
    You could always get a wig? :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    seanoconn said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    No cycling today, anything over 12mph winds and I’m not interested.

    Does your blouse flap around in the wind too much? :)
    How many bike miles have you commuted this year Stevo?
    Zilch, but the rides round the country lanes down here are very nice, even when there's a breeze ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    thistle_ said:

    seanoconn said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    No cycling today, anything over 12mph winds and I’m not interested.

    Does your blouse flap around in the wind too much? :)
    its because his hair will blow off.
    You obviously haven't met Seano :)
    Better to shave it off than cling on to a thinning thatch 😉
    @Matthewfalle how's the veet thing worked out?

    ciao

    sleek, like a leek, grazie.

    didn't itch really on the growth back so did legs and other bits again for other day.

    i honestly think its the way forward, especially if you do it at someone else's house so you don't stink out your bathroom/lounge/kitchen/office and block up your drains/leave white residue on lawn/driveway.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,402
    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    No cycling today, anything over 12mph winds and I’m not interested.

    Does your blouse flap around in the wind too much? :)
    How many bike miles have you commuted this year Stevo?
    Zilch,
    Then I put it to you sir that you are less than a girls blouse.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    edited April 2022
    seanoconn said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    No cycling today, anything over 12mph winds and I’m not interested.

    Does your blouse flap around in the wind too much? :)
    How many bike miles have you commuted this year Stevo?
    Zilch,
    Then I put it to you sir that you are less than a girls blouse.
    Pah, even my ruptured tendon could have you in a fight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,402
    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    No cycling today, anything over 12mph winds and I’m not interested.

    Does your blouse flap around in the wind too much? :)
    How many bike miles have you commuted this year Stevo?
    Zilch,
    Then I put it to you sir that you are less than a girls blouse.
    Pah, even my ruptured tendon coukd have you in a fight.
    😂😂😂😂

    Oh Stevo 😂
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,682
    Ferk I'm feeling knackered tonight. Not sure why. Spent the morning up to my welly tops in a pond clearing out weeds various overgrowth clogging it up but that wasn't that hard work. Maybe I should stick a couple of gels in back pocket of my work breeks.

    Pour a beer, or 2, heat up the ready meal I picked up on way back from work, too effed to cook owt, early night.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    orraloon said:

    Ferk I'm feeling knackered tonight. Not sure why. Spent the morning up to my welly tops in a pond clearing out weeds various overgrowth clogging it up but that wasn't that hard work. Maybe I should stick a couple of gels in back pocket of my work breeks.

    Pour a beer, or 2, heat up the ready meal I picked up on way back from work, too effed to cook owt, early night.

    just wankitout. all will be fine

    #medicaladvice
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,682
    MattFalle said:

    orraloon said:

    Ferk I'm feeling knackered tonight. Not sure why. Spent the morning up to my welly tops in a pond clearing out weeds various overgrowth clogging it up but that wasn't that hard work. Maybe I should stick a couple of gels in back pocket of my work breeks.

    Pour a beer, or 2, heat up the ready meal I picked up on way back from work, too effed to cook owt, early night.

    just wankitout. all will be fine

    #medicaladvice
    Thanks doc. 🤓
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    oxoman said:

    🤔🤭🤫🤐🤨🤨

    Don't worry Oxo, Seano and I have met before without me having to go all Will Smith on him :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, had to drive in as delivering the EPO en route. Was kind of glad as I'm nearly as much of a Jessie as Seano. Having been for a drink with the two S...os I'm not sure which I'd bet on in an arm wrestle. I'd obviously sit it out and take the mick out of the pair of them. About time we went for a drink then.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    oxoman said:

    Lurgy has well and truly stuffed me. No night ride tonight and I've stuffed work off for tomorrow. CBA to even wankitout as resident battlefield medic would recommend.

    CBA to wankitout?

    you must be ill.

    final recommendation is ho 'n' blow then. its the only thing to save you.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    oxoman said:

    Past caring for ho n blow.

    damn, you must be ill.

    can i have your shoes when you shuffle off this mortal coil please?
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Get well soon Oxo, can I have dibs on the best bike?
    Daughter has just tested +ve for the covid. Really hope I don't get it as way too much going on trying to sort the old dear's move.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492

    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, had to drive in as delivering the EPO en route. Was kind of glad as I'm nearly as much of a Jessie as Seano. Having been for a drink with the two S...os I'm not sure which I'd bet on in an arm wrestle. I'd obviously sit it out and take the mick out of the pair of them. About time we went for a drink then.

    Sounds like a plan...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

    Get well soon Oxo, can I have dibs on the best bike?
    Daughter has just tested +ve for the covid. Really hope I don't get it as way too much going on trying to sort the old dear's move.

    that sucks V - hope everything is tranquillo.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.