Stages FSA Energy BB30 Power Meter - compatibility question

yost72
yost72 Posts: 51
Apologies if this should be obvious, but I'm not very technically-minded. I am looking at potentially getting a new bike and wondered whether my Stages power meter might be compatible with it. My current bike has an FSA BB30 bottom bracket, but the potential new bike has an FSA PF30 MegaExo, 68mm bottom bracket. I read that the Stages power meter I own is compatible with '2014 model MegaExo cranks and newer' (as well as FSA BB30), so does this mean that my power meter should be compatible with the new bike or have I misunderstood?

Comments

• lochindaal
    lochindaal Posts: 475
    The Stages uses a 10mm (I think from memory) bolt to connect the crank arm to the bottom bracket so this is what will matter. I would expect it to fit but it will be easy to check.
  • yost72
    yost72 Posts: 51

The Stages uses a 10mm (I think from memory) bolt to connect the crank arm to the bottom bracket so this is what will matter. I would expect it to fit but it will be easy to check.

I checked with Stages UK and US. The UK said it should be ok, but the US say it isn't. They initially said that a MegaExo crankset is not compatible, and when I pointed out that it's only the BB which is MegaExo, and the crankset is Ultegra, they said this would not be compatible either. So I'm a bit confused to be honest!