friday contemplating the nioi of the ceremonial pineapple chunking katana

'ning

once the morning nipiness eases looks like sunnymild again

ride cafe and more lurking in lab, maybe early bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Much beer enjoyed last night so gentle run this morning.

Work snizzle and then off to Welsh wales for a weekend away
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    To the woods again. There will be no Nioi, t'ain't Hawaii. Today I will be mowstly recovering old plahstuck tree guards for recycling. Sounds like fun. But it will be sunny and warm.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

coffee just chuck chuck chuckin' . Get bambini sorted then onto work. POET day today as normal.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Bore da

Nippybright here too.
    (Part) Ride to work again making the most of the weather. Forgot my base layer so was a bit chilly so had to pedal faster.

WFW, shindig, more WFW then finally the weekend.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,902
    pollution making the view from gmc towers out over london rather murky, can just about see battersea power station, usually it's clear to the southern hilly bits

clearly cafe time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    Bit misty here as I stare out the kitchen window at Casa Stevo,
    Nt see the North Downs ridge at all . Will transfer down the Twatcave once I've has my 3 Weetabix.

In the meantime I must remember not to upset MF by reminding him that Italy got knocked out of the World Cup by the mighty North Macedonia o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,536
    Stevo_666 said:

Nt see the North Downs ridge at all . Will transfer down the Twatcave once I've has my 3 Weetabix.

In the meantime I must remember not to upset MF by reminding him that Italy got knocked out of the World Cup by the mighty North Macedonia o:)

No please don’t. Wouldn’t it be awful to repeatedly remind our Italian Stallion ( and V68 of course) that Italy were crushed by minnows North Macedonia.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853
    Stevo_666 said:

Missed a 2nd WC in succession.

Scotland might play Ukraine.
    I think most people will be supporting Ukraine.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Type your comment.
  • pinno
    ^ I did what it asked, now what^.

Today I will be mowstly building a fence.
    Bored of that shizzle already.
    Clearing the decks so that I can pedal tomorrow.
    Toots are very slow and tardy today...
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Teaching finished until after Easter. Today is pretending to look busy whilst wasting time on Pro Cycling Manager. My day to drive today so no cycling into work.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,536
    tetley10 said:

Teaching finished until after Easter. Today is pretending to look busy whilst wasting time on Pro Cycling Manager. My day to drive today so no cycling into work.

Very quite about this morning but I didn’t think the kids broke up till next week?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    seanoconn said:

tetley10 said:

Very quite about this morning but I didn’t think the kids broke up till next week?
    University innit. Teaching finished before the schools.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

No please don’t. Wouldn’t it be awful to repeatedly remind our Italian Stallion ( and V68 of course) that Italy were crushed by minnows North Macedonia.
    If I do, I'll write out 100 times : 'I promise not to upset MF by reminding him that Italy got smashed by North Macedonia and are out of the World Cup'
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Boris was trolling Wee Jimmy Krankie by suggesting that Ukraine should get a bye to the World Cup, which meant Scotland losing by default. Can't see the point really, just let Scotland play - we know they'll lose anyway.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

must remember not to punch you on the nose

😀
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Boris was trolling Wee Jimmy Krankie by suggesting that Ukraine should get a bye to the World Cup, which meant Scotland losing by default. Can't see the point really, just let Scotland play - we know they'll lose anyway.
    and then Ukraine beat England while de pffeffel watches a game he doesn't understand in a shirt still creased from coming straight out of the packet because he's a belter.

be mega.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

If I do, I'll write out 100 times : 'I promise not to upset MF by reminding him that Italy got smashed by North Macedonia and are out of the World Cup'
    difficult to write when someone is punching you on the nose.

NM/Cymru final.

you read it here first.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166
    From HD Enterprises I can see the roofing teams JCB Loadall and the back of a terraced row.
    Short ride planned for this afternoon in the sun followed by a bit of house work.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    Afternoon folks, in a departure lounge waiting to go to Verona. Unfortunately Sleazy Jet doesn't do SG style. Couldn't give a monkeys about the gayball, was impressed with beating the taffs in the rugby though.
    No riding for the next few days, lots of eating though.
    Can one of the MFs film whichever of the other MFs punches Stevo on the nose? Would a third MF then administer Hello Kitty?
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks, in a departure lounge waiting to go to Verona. Unfortunately Sleazy Jet doesn't do SG style. Couldn't give a monkeys about the gayball, was impressed with beating the taffs in the rugby though.
    No riding for the next few days, lots of eating though.
    Can one of the MFs film whichever of the other MFs punches Stevo on the nose? Would a third MF then administer Hello Kitty?

That won't work...
    https://youtu.be/w5NnM3fbWQ0
  • orraloon
    Warm day in the woods. Loads and loads of old plastic tree guards taken off, and packed for reprocessing by Solway Recycling. Solway? Recycling? 🤔 Wonder if there's someone on here who knows that sort of stuff.

At last there is a glimmer of progress on the house purchase. Seller's solicitor finally 'able' to submit paperwork. Got a phone chat with seller soon, discuss Stuff. 🤞the wheels do indeed roll.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    orraloon said:

Warm day in the woods. Loads and loads of old plastic tree guards taken off, and packed for reprocessing by Solway Recycling. Solway? Recycling? 🤔 Wonder if there's someone on here who knows that sort of stuff.

Yes, one of the MFs: set them on fire and lob over the neighbour's fence.

• orraloon
    Feeling a lot less stressed after an hour plus phone chat with seller of my gimme gimme property, post a long period of inactivity on the legals side. Comes over as sound, ok guy. This is going to go through. Subject of course... Nah, it's going to go. Isn't it? Tick, tick... Will be ramping up the logistics planning. 👍

Beer time.
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

Yes, one of the MFs: set them on fire and lob over the neighbour's fence.

you can't set fire to MFs and lob them over fences - they smell funny if anything.
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

Feeling a lot less stressed after an hour plus phone chat with seller of my gimme gimme property, post a long period of inactivity on the legals side. Comes over as sound, ok guy. This is going to go through. Subject of course... Nah, it's going to go. Isn't it? Tick, tick... Will be ramping up the logistics planning. 👍

Beer time.

n+1 time then ....
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Hmm... I wonder who?

Yep - they got big in the last 10 years on the back of recycling low grade polythene for silage bailing.
    I suggested high grade polythene because it's free* to recycle, although a little bit more expensive to purchase.
    However, it's semi transparent and you loose the outer 10" of silage to light decomposition.
    I'm pretty sure plastics manufacturers could make up a compatible pigment that would prevent this.

*Still works out cheaper because of it's value.