monday deciphering the phaistos disc

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

He means his converted garage.

True, but it's fun to see how MF behaves when I call it that.
    won't be fun when tbere is a MF standingly weirdly close to you all the time.

in the pub. weirdly close.

at work. weirdly close.

wake up in the morning. weirdly close.
    Weirdly putting a stick in his spokes when he finally gets going?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

How about bottomless caverno

I could be pretend to be Bruce Wayne. Then it'd be the twatcave.
    Rename the Panzer as the Twatmobile?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

I think the neighbours already have when I start it up in 'Approaching Thunderstorm' mode at 6:40am o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

I think the neighbours already have when I start it up in 'Approaching Thunderstorm' mode at 6:40am o:)
    The only time my neighbours complained about the noise of my Ducati was after I sold it, apparently my leaving for work was like an alarm call.
    This being the same bike that after getting a talking to from traffic police about speed he said "it does sound bloody good though"
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

The only time my neighbours complained about the noise of my Ducati was after I sold it, apparently my leaving for work was like an alarm call.
    This being the same bike that after getting a talking to from traffic police about speed he said "it does sound bloody good though"
    Got pulled over by plod last year on the way back from getting getting a take away. I think I turned off the main road quite rapidly (but within the speed limit). Either I wasnt speeding or they didn't get a reading as they just asked me sarcastically 'are you in a rush?' before heading off. Quite possibly the exhaust note made them think I was being naughty.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    edited March 2022
    My friend on his Ducatti Super Strada(? 1995 ish) (oil rig worker with more sense than money) decided to ride all the way to the south of France.
    Taking an early ferry, he elected to ride though the middle of London at 4am. He went through red light upon red light until, somewhere on the way out, he got stopped by the cops.
    They said that they watched him (CCTV) and the reason they stopped him was that he didn't brake or slow down for the last few red lights whereas before, he had.
    So they booked him for jumping 1 red light.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Conti or Lafranconi pipes?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Conti or Lafranconi pipes?
    ART carbon cans were on it when I got it, just a budget option I think and they didn't have much stuffing in them.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    You want some nice Termignonis you do.

We like a Termi in these parts.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Never owned one but had a 998 for a day.

utterly stunningly beautiful. Easiest bike ever to ride stupidly fast. Utterly wonderful in every single way.

Within 15 minutes of picking it up passed a police car at 140, felt like 65.

If I would have bought it I may as well have thrown my licence in the shredder as I walked out of the showroom.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    MattFalle said:

utterly stunningly beautiful. Easiest bike ever to ride stupidly fast. Utterly wonderful in every single way.

If I would have bought it I may as well have thrown my licence in the shredder as I walked out of the showroom.

Only ever (briefly) ridden a couple of their more "normal" models.

I remember first sighting of the 999 one day while stopped at a service station, which was at the start of everyone's favourite local bike road. This bike pulled in just as I was about to leave. One piece racing leather suit, matchy matchy helmet/boots/gloves. Quite a short guy, and he struggled to get off as the back seat cowl was *high*. Took off the helmet and I chuckled... he'd have been at least 65, maybe 70, white hair OAP look.

I headed up the road to the cafe where all bikes stopped for coffee/chat/tyrekick. Sat there in the sunshine talking to a bloke I knew vaguely, heard this bike coming up the road, unmistakably a Ducati. Trundled in off the road down the gravel driveway to the car park, was the 999. At the bottom he tried to turn it full lock to park, got his hand jammed on the tank and couldn't get the clutch in quick enough, touched the brakes in panic and went down in a flash. In front of..... ooooooooh, 50 people.

Brand new bike, broken clutch lever, busted mirror, scratched paintwork and very very dented pride...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    edited March 2022

MattFalle said:

Only ever (briefly) ridden a couple of their more "normal" models.

I remember first sighting of the 999 one day while stopped at a service station, which was at the start of everyone's favourite local bike road. This bike pulled in just as I was about to leave. One piece racing leather suit, matchy matchy helmet/boots/gloves. Quite a short guy, and he struggled to get off as the back seat cowl was *high*. Took off the helmet and I chuckled... he'd have been at least 65, maybe 70, white hair OAP look.

I headed up the road to the cafe where all bikes stopped for coffee/chat/tyrekick. Sat there in the sunshine talking to a bloke I knew vaguely, heard this bike coming up the road, unmistakably a Ducati. Trundled in off the road down the gravel driveway to the car park, was the 999. At the bottom he tried to turn it full lock to park, got his hand jammed on the tank and couldn't get the clutch in quick enough, touched the brakes in panic and went down in a flash. In front of..... ooooooooh, 50 people.

Brand new bike, broken clutch lever, busted mirror, scratched paintwork and very very dented pride...
    #ouch
  • MattFalle
    Sooo tired. Really hope I sleep tonight.

TDV starting to pack to head away.

This is now getting daft again.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    MattFalle said:

Come to Tuesday, it's better here.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited March 2022
    MattFalle said:

#whankitout?

Ships passing in the night.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?
  • veronese68
    Ouch, that's an expensive embarrassment. Mine was only an SS, but it was good fun. Mate has a 748SP, the SP bit making it untractable at low speed. But what a laugh.
    This was mine

• MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Come to Tuesday, it's better here.
    Tbh, I thought I was in Tuesday 😂😂😂

heading across now in search of energy, coffee and feshly laundered crisp t shirts and pants.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

#whankitout?

Ships passing in the night.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?
    or i'm just not around for her to give me chores.

one of the two...