Thursday's search for an amazing hair transformation

2»

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    There is no road tax, as we well know. But: as I have deployed vs a whining petrolhead moaning about cyclists:
    'How much tax do you pay?'
    'Ok, I pay more than that per annum for my diesel swilling L200 so you can gtf behind me. And when I'm on my bike, I've still paid more than you so you can stay tf behind me then as well.'

Response? Silence. 🖕
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,496
    edited March 2022
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:
    Wrong thread?
    Or deliberately in a different one?
    Looks like somebody just deleted the post I replied to. Hey ho.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

There is no road tax, as we well know. But: as I have deployed vs a whining petrolhead moaning about cyclists:
    'Ok, I pay more than that per annum for my diesel swilling L200 so you can gtf behind me. And when I'm on my bike, I've still paid more than you so you can stay tf behind me then as well.'

Response? Silence. 🖕

Try not paying your road tax then driving on the road. That's why we still call it that ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    fag
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Morning, woke up too early - I blame not drinking last night. Must put that right.

On the train again but may have to start cycling to work before I remortgage for some super unleaded.

It might work out cheaper for me to pay someone to fix all the potholes so I can start cycling again :wink:
    I've already paid my road tax so they can get the **** on with fixing them :smile:
    If road tax was actually used to fix roads, we would have the best roads in the world.

[iro £65bn for 19-20 figures]

i thought the money saved by voting Leave was meant to pay for the roads following the EU withdrawing its European wide infrastructure funding?
    ...and the £350m for the NHS bollox bollox.

The land of milk and honey...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Response? Silence. 🖕

I've had that argument with drivers.
    When I caught up[ with some c*nt in a van )who squeezed by me on a single lane whilst I was going downhill at 30+), I used the moment to put some eye drops in - just a lubricant. He said I should get my eyes tested and I shouldn't be cycling!
    So that gives you the right to drive like a lunatic I asked? He said that I was in the middle of the road. So you force your way through because I was 'in the middle of the road' - what - to punish me? To teach me a lesson?!
    I even told him I was aware that he was there and was going to find a suitable place to pull over to the left for him to pass but that didn't register.
    He even claimed that I was talking bollox because he was a cyclist too!
    F*ck off - if he was a cyclist, my granny plays rugby for Hull Kingston Rovers (and she's dead). A cyclist, my 4rse. Fat white van driving medallion wearing red neck mancunian sh1t face thicko bloke from scumbag city.
    If I clock his van in town he will have 4 flat tyres, some bent wipers and 2 broken wing mirrors.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

censored

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Morning, woke up too early - I blame not drinking last night. Must put that right.

On the train again but may have to start cycling to work before I remortgage for some super unleaded.

It might work out cheaper for me to pay someone to fix all the potholes so I can start cycling again :wink:
    I've already paid my road tax so they can get the **** on with fixing them :smile:
    If road tax was actually used to fix roads, we would have the best roads in the world.

[iro £65bn for 19-20 figures]

i thought the money saved by voting Leave was meant to pay for the roads following the EU withdrawing its European wide infrastructure funding?
    ...and the £350m for the NHS bollox bollox.

The land of milk and honey...
    #fucktheTories
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    #fucktheshitbagscumbagmancunianwankertoo-thefuckingrees-moggcocksuckingshitfacevandriver

Paris - Nice has just got interesting. Sort of.
    But it's been boring boring boring until now.

Hurry up and i'll skip to Tirreno Adriatico highlights.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,770
    Stevo_666 said:

"So officer, I was only speeding to get past some granny driving a Porsche so slowly I thought they were stuck in first gear"

You say that in jest but this is a true story.

Going up a slip road to join behind a lorry and see a small window of opportunity to overtake before getting boxed in so I go for it and so does the car behind me.
    Blue lights.
    In discussion he asked if I know how fast I was going. I say nearly 100. Didn't want to get caught out by not being aware of this.
    Asked why I was going so fast my response was that there was headlights in my mirror tailgating me. "Fair enough, on your way.".
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    I was once on the bike of a friend's motorbike, pootling along - 35 in a very quiet 40 limit as we were chatting

I had an Arai Giga in the original Doohan colours - for those that don't know, white base, red, blue gold strips running down it. Big black visor. Classic helmet.

Mate had a plain red helmet. Clear visor.

My jacket black, his jacket brown.

We look utterly and completely diiferent.

Po-Po pull us over for going too slow.

I turn around and rebuke bollix, its a very quiet 40 mph limit, we're chatting, we're doing nothing wrong, so jog on.

Po-Po look at each other then say "anyway, you were riding, licence and insurance"

I turn around, look at mate, mate looks at me, I reply "well actually, its his bike, his licence his insurance and, if your eyes work, I'm the one on the back with the stripey head"

They mumbled and moved on to harass some other innocent dudes.

They really don't help themselves.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    I think traffic cops are the lowest in the hierarchy.

My godfather (now sadly deceased) was head of a branch of Narcotics, Scotland yard and always bemoaned the lowering of the bar for police entry by Maggie in the 80's in her drive to recruit more officers.

On the 7 times I have been pulled, 5 were male police officers and 2 female.
    I only got points and or a fine with the female one's.
  • Stevo_666
    pblakeney said:

Stevo_666 said:

"So officer, I was only speeding to get past some granny driving a Porsche so slowly I thought they were stuck in first gear"

You say that in jest but this is a true story.

Going up a slip road to join behind a lorry and see a small window of opportunity to overtake before getting boxed in so I go for it and so does the car behind me.
    Blue lights.
    In discussion he asked if I know how fast I was going. I say nearly 100. Didn't want to get caught out by not being aware of this.
    Asked why I was going so fast my response was that there was headlights in my mirror tailgating me. "Fair enough, on your way.".
    I think they used to call that baiting or provocation. Probably a fair outcome.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

My godfather (now sadly deceased) was head of a branch of Narcotics, Scotland yard and always bemoaned the lowering of the bar for police entry by Maggie in the 80's in her drive to recruit more officers.

They don't seem to do that these days, seems to be a case of some **** on a bridge or in a layby pointing his speed gun at the oncoming traffic. Fortunately most forces appear to apply the '10% +2' rule.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    pinno said:

If was very nice of head of narcotics to take the drug barons offspring under his wing 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

If was very nice of head of narcotics to take the drug barons offspring under his wing 👍
    When he was handed the job I was a few days old so you can let him off that one.