Tirreno - Adriatico 2022 **Spoilers**

2»

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    Enjoy it while it lasts.
    I’d have liked to have seen the Merckx era. This’ll do.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

The 2020s are going to be the most boring in cycling history, aren't they?

More boring than Indurain? And Armstrong? And that team?

They only really dominated in July. And Sky were often beaten in other races - there was jeopardy there.

This could be domination of any race he chooses.
    RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

The 2020s are going to be the most boring in cycling history, aren't they?

More boring than Indurain? And Armstrong? And that team?

They only really dominated in July. And Sky were often beaten in other races - there was jeopardy there.

This could be domination of any race he chooses.
    On the one hand it ominous that he's racing Flanders

But on the other, this is a generational talent deciding to race his bike however he wants.

It may be boring, but its mightily impressive
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    By T-A standards, today is a very short stage. The last 30kms should be action packed, with several, short but steep climbs.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    A quality piece of comedy in the last few kilometres.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,804
    Lol. Top 4 on gc fly of course
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    Barguil making his biennial effort. Contract talks must be due
  • mididoctors
    Decent win though .... Lucky about the circus behind
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    RichN95. said:

The person less competent than those dozy marshals being the lamentable tv director.
  • RichN95.

RichN95. said:

The person less competent than those dozy marshals being the lamentable tv director.
    We can blame the marshalls, but there was bunting showing that was the wrong way, and they'd been past that bit before. Bramilla knew.

But it's the amazing new generation. .How could they make a mistake?
  • blazing_saddles
    RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

We can blame the marshalls, but there was bunting showing that was the wrong way, and they'd been past that bit before. Bramilla knew.

But it's the amazing new generation. .How could they make a mistake?
    Plus it's actually their responsibility to know the course.
    My main point was about the lack of a single shot of any GC action on the final climb, thanks to the director fixating on Barguil for the whole of the final 3kms.
  • blazing_saddles
    I notice there has been very little interest in either of the two big (biggest?) stage races on this week. So, in the spirit of less is more.

Climbed twice at the end of a 216km stage.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738

I notice there has been very little interest in either of the two big (biggest?) stage races on this week.

Possibly because the conclusion in both is inevitable.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mididoctors
    Immement reduction to nuclear ash has people distracted
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    edited March 2022
    Never been keen on Bargueil but he obviously wanted his team mate from the break to get some glory in his podium celebration.
    Perhaps there is more excitement about this week's racing in Slovenia.
  • blazing_saddles

Immement reduction to nuclear ash has people distracted

LOL

Lucky people weren’t around in the early 60s in that case.

• blazing_saddles
    Ineos have lost Jhonatan Narvaez who has crashed.
  • mididoctors
    The guy is unstoppable presently
  • blazing_saddles
    Belgium’s new Eddie Merckx isn’t in the same league as Slovenia’s new Eddie Merckx.
    Evenepoel is king of the pro tour, but Pogacar is the king of the world tour and isn’t likely to abdicate in the foreseeable future.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,931
    Enjoying the Rog v Pog by proxy

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    How come Bilbao escaped disqualification, given he was consistently descending with his arse on the top tube?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    andyp said:

How come Bilbao escaped disqualification, given he was consistently descending with his censored on the top tube?

His bottom was touching the tip of the seat.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • RichN95.
    edited March 2022
    If Porte had been twelve seconds faster (assuming no GC shake up tomorrow) he would have become the first rider to get on the podium of all of the seven biggest one week stage races.

He's won Paris-Nice, Catalunya, Romandie, Dauphine and Suisse and been second at Pais Vasco. Contador also did six but only came 22nd on his only Suisse entry.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    RichN95. said:

If Porte had been twelve seconds faster (assuming no GC shake up tomorrow) he would have become the first rider to get on the podium of all of the seven biggest one week stage races.

He's won Paris-Nice, Catalunya, Romandie, Dauphine and Suisse and been second at Pais Vasco

Pity his descending is so crap
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Enric Mas won't start this morning, as the team don't want him to exacerbate the injuries he received in his crash yesterday.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    edited March 2022
    Eurosport coverage just started.... they've started the 5 laps .... yawn. I'll give it a miss.
    Can't face all that time with Kirby wittering.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,919
    Bauhaus takes the sprint
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    edited March 2022
    Little Richard is showing as on the podium on cycling news. What happened to Landa?
    RichN95. said:

He's won Paris-Nice, Catalunya, Romandie, Dauphine and Suisse and been second at Pais Vasco. Contador also did six but only came 22nd on his only Suisse entry.

Little Richard is showing as on the final podium on cycling news. What happened to Landa?

[Edit] Cycling News is wrong.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blazing_saddles
    Robbie McEwen is the worst person GCN could hire to work with Carlton Kirby.
    Rather than add his expertise, it’s as if Eric Morecombe now has his Ernie Wise.
    Not that he needed any encouragement before.
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    I did like the coverage of the finish showing all the groups as they came in rather than just the first one or two.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023