Velogames BR League

2»

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    This was a total demolition job.

• roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 505
    Just looking on the Velogames site and nothing up for the TDF yet.

• kingstongraham
    roscoe said:

I just put my first draft team in. It very carefully does not mention "Tour", "France" or "de" after the unfortunate incident of a couple of years ago.
  • roscoe

roscoe said:

I just put my first draft team in. It very carefully does not mention "Tour", "France" or "de" after the unfortunate incident of a couple of years ago.
    That's what I get for not looking hard enough!
  • roscoe
    What’s the league code?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,703
    Velogames hammers home the gulf in class between the big two and the rest of the so called contenders.
    WVA the only rider within 10 points of Vingegaard and Pogacar.
    The race can’t afford to lose either or else……..
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • kingstongraham
    roscoe said:

What’s the league code?

Don't think there was one yet this year, so let's go with this one: 985775322 - bikeradar Forum League
  • Just joined, 1st one!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    Giving it a go, was surprised how strong a team I was able to get.
  • roscoe

roscoe said:

What’s the league code?

Don't think there was one yet this year, so let's go with this one: 985775322 - bikeradar Forum League
    Draft team now on!
  • kingstongraham
    edited June 2023
    Pross said:

If you accept the seeming inevitability of one of the top two winning, and WVA being almost as good as last year, you're left with an average of 8 points per rider for the rest. It's finely balanced, I think. Do you go for another likely sprint winner like Philipsen? Or try for another podium finisher on GC? Or take another for the lumpy stages like MVDP or Biniam? You can't do all of these things.

However you do it, you're left with finding bargains from among the 4 pointers, I think.
  • Pross

Pross said:

If you accept the seeming inevitability of one of the top two winning, and WVA being almost as good as last year, you're left with an average of 8 points per rider for the rest. It's finely balanced, I think. Do you go for another likely sprint winner like Philipsen? Or try for another podium finisher on GC? Or take another for the lumpy stages like MVDP or Biniam? You can't do all of these things.

However you do it, you're left with finding bargains from among the 4 pointers, I think.
    Have to admit I've never played before and didn't check the scoring but managed to get 7 riders who have previous stage wins (including Pog and WVA) and 3 with top 2 GC finishes. Of the other 2, one is breakaway regular who has the capability to win on lumpy stages and the other is a relative newcomer in his first Tour but who looked good in the hills at the Dauphine (no rider was less than 6 points).
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Decent competition as we pause for rest day 1 :)
  • kingstongraham
    Hehe - I'm leading! I still need MvdP and Waerenskjold to stop only being lead out though.
  • roscoe
    It’s a tight one this year, happy with my current podium place
  • Pross
    I need my EF duo of Uran and Cort to remember they are in a bike race. Hopefully the week ahead will offer them break opportunities, they've been shocking so far.
  • roscoe
    Pross said:

I need my EF duo of Uran and Cort to remember they are in a bike race. Hopefully the week ahead will offer them break opportunities, they've been shocking so far.

I’d forgotten they were in it. After Cort’s Tour last year I thought he’d be going for it again.
  • kingstongraham
    And just like that, I'm not leading anymore. Good while it lasted.
  • At least I'm not last (yet!)
  • Well done to AlfieLum

• Pross
    EF riders let me down badly.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    5th best for me...

Benoit Cosnefroy hurt me badly.
  • I was expecting Magnus Cort to score some points, he must have been knackered after the Giro!
  • Pross

I was expecting Magnus Cort to score some points, he must have been knackered after the Giro!

Me too, I guess it falls into 'past performance is not a guide to future performance'. Evans deciding he didn't want to be a bike rider after a week or so didn't help either.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Pross said:

I was expecting Magnus Cort to score some points, he must have been knackered after the Giro!

Me too, I guess it falls into 'past performance is not a guide to future performance'. Evans deciding he didn't want to be a bike rider after a week or so didn't help either.
    Cort said that he never quite got the feelings in his legs, and that the Giro (weather, illness) was really hard and the Tour was a little too much on top of that.

Personally I think he was probably a bit restricted by all the focus to get Powless in polkadots, so he didn't get much of a chance until late in the race
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format