You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby

Feeling moderately optimistic regarding my 'power numbers' (lol?) Can now, uncomfortably, reach 20 kms in under 30 minutes at 150-160 watts (static and on the road). But am yet to achieve 40 under the hour. Still about 2 kms short. Legs just not having it yet.

Have joined a club. Poor buggers. For a sport that prides itself on its methodological individualism, there sure are a lot of those Mr Cricket administrative types about. No baggy shorts (WTAF!!!), no flat pedals and I have to take my toe cage, made from quality chicken wire, off.

They have tentatively thrown me into b grade after a few 'social' club races. Interclub and crit don't start up proper until October, but there are plenty of other events coming up. They politely requested I not enter any of the vets races, as a few of the old ducks may get upset at my competitive nature. Geezuzhkrist.

Still looking for a an all-rounder bike that will suit my tt, crit and endurance needs. Looking at a budget of 3.5k aus, which is about 20p in your money. Any ideas?

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    A ladies Pashley might be a good bet.
  • Was thinking more along the lines of a Morrison. 10 speed. Stable, like those nice-but-dim first year commerce students.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Mate, you're just tedious now. Not even funny...
  • Stalkers coming out of the shadows... It's not a compulsory read...mate
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

Stalkers coming out of the shadows... It's not a compulsory read...mate

I read all the troll posts...
  • Stalkers coming out of the shadows... It's not a compulsory read...mate

I read all the troll posts...
    So fly for a stalker guy
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,489
    Whatever frame you decide on, I'd heartily recommend you get an Ultegra groupset and Hunt wheels for it.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    I would have thought that the Australian Olympic team bikes are okay. With your abilities you will surely be offered one sooner or later. Unless Ineos have already been in touch.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,489
    edited March 2022
    Wrong thread entirely.