snapped spokes, worth an upgrade?

I used to ride a fair bit, over the last year I haven't much, but would like to get out on my bike more.

I bought the bike about 8 years ago, Its a Giant TCR Advanced 3 with rim brakes. The frame is in really good condition and I've slowly upgraded most of the components to Ultegra R8000 (was originally Tiagra).

the only things left are the wheels and crank set. I've done shifters, brakes, front and rear mech, cassette (11 spd), chain.

I was out riding today and managed to snap two rear spokes (first time this has happened).

I've measured then ant 276mm and plan on replacing them all with something like DT Swiss Aero Comp.
Is it worth replacing the hub at this point too? Any recommendations?

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,713
    How worn is the rim, and how good is it? If it's a high end rim with little wear then it might be worth lacing it to a good hub. If it's worn though, or a relatively cheap rim (especially if both), it's probably going to be more economical to replace the whole wheel now rather than spending on the spokes and hubs and then having to get a new rim before too long anyway.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Chuck them away, get some Primes, fit and forget.

job jobbed
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.