Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Morning

Also nippybright.

No plans for the day as yet.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Walk one hound (one has pulled a muscle, so resting). Probably a recovery run and then off to the gym with the family.

Later is the pub and some football game
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    tlw1 said:

Walk one hound (one has pulled a muscle, so resting).

You're expecting the dogs to do what you do. Bloody cruelty that is.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Bright and sunny today. That means a beach walk with the friendly* in laws and then hedge cutting (meh).
    Jack was errant. Turned up at 8.37am making an 'it's me, it's me racket'. Bloody stop out.
    *Although I think wife of friendly in law with her two kids (3 and 5) and hubby who is 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off oil rig cave person [a real cave person Stevo], has been wfh and has gone a bit bonkers. In a nice sort of way.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    tlw1 said:

Walk one hound (one has pulled a muscle, so resting). Probably a recovery run and then off to the gym with the family.

Later is the pub and some football game

Coincidentally older hound here seems to have a stiff leg so will be getting a short walk and sit with me for a coffee while Mrs. 666 lets junior hound run around like a mad thing.

May also watch some footy later, strangely enough.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    Weird times these. Getting weirder every year.

Right then it's sunny and dry. Had a good pedal yesterday, head / side / tail winds included. So get off the news websites, get outside and start sorting Stuff for the tbc Big Move a-comin' my way. And wash that mucky bike frame.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    edited February 2022
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, looks sunny out.
    Strange times indeed, bit of an understatement really.
    Going to walk to the old dear's later. Bike fettling all done yesterday.
    No football for me.
    Good luck with getting ready for the move 'loon.
    Any pics of the batshit in law Piña? Obviously we need them so we can errr... Help you decide th best errr yeah, just send pics. Not of the oil rig worker I should add.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Had a ride outside today. That was nice. Was supposed to be a well-attended well being activity for work but only one turned up (Olympic rowing silver medalist - which is nice). I’d invited tetley too. 20-something miles, bit windy and cold to start. Sure I’ve got long covid symptoms in the form of much more dodgy hips and back but still, managed nearly 14mph average so…

Marking this afternoon.
  • Grey and damp! Lordy... its the first precipitation we've had here in weeks. Unlike QLD which is copping it big time.

Weather was entirely predictable however. I had someone turn up today to buy my motorcycle, so I spent yesterday cleaning it up and polishing the shiny bits. Thankfully he bought it and took it away. so I didn't have to clean it again after the test ride in light rain. First time in 20+ years I've not had a motorbike in the garage...

Now also considering whether I really could live with fewer than the (current) 7 bicycles.

Afternoon of shed faffing, tidying up and rearranging garden tool storage.

Neurosurgeon visit tomorrow for review for me this time, although not expecting much.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno

Any pics of the batshit in law Piña?

Oh she's quite lovely, just gone lala with cabin fever.
    She did have the most impeccable jugs except the two kids sucked the stuffing out of them.

• pinno

Afternoon of shed faffing...

Again?

• pinno said:

Afternoon of shed faffing...

Again?

Still. One corner where I had bikes hung up along a wall and random tools on the other was pretty untidy. Plus, the bike hooks I used weren’t holding up too well. I’ve now panelled the corner with 3/4” thick flooring sheet particle board so I can fix this. Will make it 500% easier to clean up.

Also will free up shelf space elsewhere. I’ve a few plans in my head for workshop projects coming up, and will help if I can clear the floor space a bit better.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Nice day in SW London, walked a little over 8 miles