SRAM Rival with Shimano GRX

Does anyone have any experience with running 11 speed SRAM 1 x with Shimano GRX?

I’m changing my group from Rival 11 speed 1 x to GRX. I think I can used the 11-42 cassette (PG-1130) with GRX, but not sure about the 42T chain set?

Does anyone know if this will work?

My KMC X11 should work with both, so surely it should all work together?

Thanks all

Comments

• joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,080
    edited February 2022
    I did the exact same as you and swapped from Rival to GRX (much better IMO) but keep the SRAM cassette, chain and chainset. I haven't discovered any issues with my set up.

Though I should say Im running a 11-36, but can't see why that would have an impact of the GRX rear mech has capacity.
  • Thanks for the reply dude.

I’m not an experienced mechanic and just wondered about different chain lines and teeth size but sounds like you have had no issues.

I’m really wanting to treat myself to some electronic shifting. The new SRAM XPLR seems like a minefield around 11/12 speed stuff I’ll need to change everything on the bike.

GRX di2 seems a lot more straightforward!
  • I think the chain line is only important for the front chainring/mech. The GRX front mech and chainset go together but for a 1x system the chain line difference between the GRX chainset and the Rival chainset doesn't matter as the derailleur makes up for it.