Forum home Road cycling forum Road general

How do you insure your bike for theft and accidental damage?

Just got a new bike and wondered what other people do for insurance.

How do you insure your bike for theft and accidental damage? 24 votes

Do not have insurance
20% 5 votes
Added to home insurance
62% 15 votes
Use a dedicated cycle insurance policy
16% 4 votes


  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 11,735
    BC aka British cycling for 3rd party accident cover. Dedicated bike insurance to expensive, actually works out more expensive than my car insurance.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • dannbodgedannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Dedicated insurance
    My home insurance wants you to jump through hoops backwards, upside down and in space to meet their requirements and even then they will only insure up to 2k (which is not nearly enough)

    Bikmo cover me up to the full value I tell them and are a bit less strict on requirements.

    Fwiw I pay 3x the amount on my bike insurance than I do my car insurance, but then again the bike policy is 2x the value.
  • Change home insurer?

    I use LLoyd and White as broker who use Axa as underwriter. Paid out without a quibble when I lost a load of stuff in a fire, which was sort of my fault. £400 for home and contents, per annum. Bike worth 3k and a few high value pieces of jewellery
  • I have added my bike to home insurance. Unless you race I don't see the point in dedicated insurance as they all insist that your bike is locked using a Gold standard lock and who carrys one of those around for leisure rides?
  • Try Yellow Jersey.
  • Don't have an insurance
Sign In or Register to comment.