JTEK Shift mate

MattFalle
MattFalle Posts: 11,644
Afternoon all

Looking at getting one to use a Shimano 10 speed wheel and cassette with Campag 10 speed shifters and rear mech.

Anyone had experience with them? Rated or not?

No luck finding Shimano splined/Campag spaced cassette so this seems the way forward.

Many thanks
The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.

Comments

• I've used it for a few years, Campy 10 with shimano 10 cassette. Works fine, if you keep it clean
    left the forum March 2023
  • MattFalle
    Mega gravy - grazie mille.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,957
    MattFalle said:

Afternoon all

Looking at getting one to use a Shimano 10 speed wheel and cassette with Campag 10 speed shifters and rear mech.

Anyone had experience with them? Rated or not?

No luck finding Shimano splined/Campag spaced cassette so this seems the way forward.

Many thanks

https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m8b0s150p2151/AMBROSIO-10-Speed-Shimano-spline-Campagnolo-spacing
  • MattFalle
    I just looked on tbere and they were showing out of the stock the blinders! its where i found the shift mate.

grazie - ordering now.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,957
    MattFalle said:

I just looked on tbere and they were showing out of the stock the blinders! its where i found the shift mate.

grazie - ordering now.

It is a bicycle part, so naturally it twice the price it used to be and out of stock until spring.

I don't see what you have to lose with shift mate. Widens your options later.
  • MattFalle
    Coolio. Agree with every aspect of your thinking. As its for bambino's new bike i'm building for his birthday i'm tempted to go with a shiftmate as its getting a medium cage mech so i can chuck something like a 34 on the back for him.

a 34 Shimano comp. is also £20 odd quid, so even chucking in the wedge for a shiftmate is cheaper overall....