Problems garmin EDGE 830, velocity sensor an GPS

I have problems with my garmin 830, apparently the garmin only reads the speed indicated by the GPs, and does not read the speed of the speed sensor, this causes the autopause to be activated very often, losing real speed and slope data, it will be GPS problem? or can it be configured so that it only reads the speed from the speed sensor??

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,972
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    If you have a speed sensor a Garmin cycling computer speed/distance data is taken from the speed sensor data not the GPS data.

If the speed sensor is not working properly (due to it being faulty or the battery failing) you will have unreliable speed/distance data as the Garmin is using bad information and/or the connection keeps coming and going so the Garmin uses the bad speed info, then has to switch the the GPS and then back which causes pauses and other issues.

If you have a speed sensor and are not getting good speed/distance data the first thing you should be doing is changing the battery in the sensor. Channing the sensor battery is the first thing you should do if any fitness sensor seems to be playing up. It is cheap and quick to do and will usually solve the problem.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,972
    [Frikkin draft folder getting emptied]
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.