Assos bib shorts fit?

Hi All,
I'm considering buying some Assos bib shorts but wondered what their fit is like as they may be very race fit small in comparison to other makes. I'm 178cm (5'10") 76kg (12st 2lb). The Assos website states Medium but I'm wondering if a Large is likely to be a better fit.
Any advice is appreciated as I tend not to buy High end clothing so I'm at a loss on sizing.
Regards
T.

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I’m 5’8” and 32” waist 11 stone and I wear large.
  • tonysj
    tonysj Posts: 391
    webboo said:

I’m 5’8” and 32” waist 11 stone and I wear large.

Yes I thought medium didn't sound right.
    I'm 32waist 32 inside leg.
    Do you think L or XL?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I’m 30” inside leg and large is probably slightly long for me but I do have a medium pair which feel short and I end up doing a Quasimodo impression due the length of the bib straps.
    I tend to be large in everything cycle clothing wise, Rapha shorts and tops, Castelli tops ( never tried their shorts) and everything Assos.
  • Hmm, I’m 6’ tall, a 33” waist and about 80 kg, and I find medium in Assos fits fine. Does depend on which model though - in the (old) Mille bibs which are *not* race cut, I found the large just too loose. Also have some Uno series in M which are snug but absolutely fine on the bike.

In the more race-oriented versions a Large is good though
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    edited February 2022
    I am same size as OP, but slightly heavier and medium works for me. Order pair of M and L and send the one back that doesn't seem right. As with most Assos it what works on the bike.
  • yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    178cm (5'10"), 68kg have 3 pairs. S5 uno and 2 pairs Mille, medium is perfect for me. I am a large in Castelli and some others but I would say Assos are what I would call true to size.
  • tonysj
    tonysj Posts: 391
    yellowv2 said:

178cm (5'10"), 68kg have 3 pairs. S5 uno and 2 pairs Mille, medium is perfect for me. I am a large in Castelli and some others but I would say Assos are what I would call true to size.

Thanks for the info.
    T
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,472
    I have small in the millie and medium in the t equipe. The ones that state racing fit are definitely racier and I take the same size as in castelli and sportful. I'm 5'8" and 68kg.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Hi.
    Do any of you have the newer models that have the lower waist? I have older pairs and I like the higher back.
    Wondered how new and old compare?
    Thanks
  • hpaul
    hpaul Posts: 113
    Hi, I bought s7 mille version last year. 183cm 85kg, I bought large. I think they are a little big fitting, wear large in all others apart from xl in castelli. Hope helps