off road rides

meekalahmad18
meekalahmad18 Posts: 2
edited March 2022 in Road beginners
hello,
I am new to the riding family, I want to do off-roading tracks on a bike KX250 I bought used, please suggest the do's and dont's to be considered before my first ever off-road ride as I am a little nervous.
thanks

Comments

• singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,500
    I think you may have the wrong forum my friend.
    This is a cycling forum, and AFAIK a KX250 is a motorcycle...
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,548
    edited February 2022
    Yeah, unless you are fitting pedals to the KX250, TRF is probably a better place to look for advice (assuming the bike is road legal)

https://www.trf.org.uk/
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    edited February 2022
    Just in case this is not another spammer....

TRF will not be able to help. A motocross bike like the KX250 can only be legally used on private land with the owner's permission. You need to find your local MX practice track and go from there. You also - realistically - need to find a more appropriate forum.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,548
    You can make a KX250 road legal, although probably only a daytime MOT unless you want to go to a load of extra faff.
    I think you need a speedo, numberplate and horn but I have heard of someone using a Garmin bike computer as a speedo (with a friendly MOT centre probably) apart from that I believe it is all paperwork.
  • i think i am in a wrong forum to discuss that all. Thanks anyway for your time.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    monkimark said:

You can make a KX250 road legal, although probably only a daytime MOT unless you want to go to a load of extra faff.
    I think you need a speedo, numberplate and horn but I have heard of someone using a Garmin bike computer as a speedo (with a friendly MOT centre probably) apart from that I believe it is all paperwork.

Speedo, plate and horn, as well as road legal tyres, not to mention the requisite driving licence. If you want to ride legal trails, then a KLX or similar would be a better option.