not quite as nippy

hung. over.

ride and cafes, followed by lazing and lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Poor sungod.

Coffee, taxi, lounge, see if we can blag the Concorde lounge.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Have a great holiday hopkinb

Gentle run with hounds and then off to boot camp with the current wife, still unsure why I agreed to that.

I’ve also agreed to cook tonight, so need to get something nice from the butchers and then back to the club with the kids, but in two separate cars as older rugrats girlfriend has passed her test but is unsure of the way.

• I did try to post from the airport but apparently Swiss 3G is better than lounge WIFI.

Hello from Geneva enroute to Tignes Le Lac.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    enjoy trips people beginning with h

windycold for the morning hill repeats, brr, brr and thrice brr
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Enjoy the holidays folks. Must remind myself what those things are at some point.

Bit of fresh air soon to blow away the cobwebs from last night and a short bike ride may be in the offing later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Long story cut short:
    Inter-railling, 1988. Muggins got on the train in Innsbruck at silly a.m O'Clock, bit tired. Very friendly and accommodating Yugoslavian family moving to Austria (violin teacher, his wife and family) got in my compartment, plied me with food and apricot liquor. Swapped trains in Zurich. Fell asleep, woke up to the noise of Micheal Jackson's 'Dirty Diana' at Geneva International Airport and the sudden realisation 'oh sh1t' as I was meant to get off at Bern.

Not a lot of snow there ^ Homer.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Raining
    CBA

• hopkinb
    Jeebus. Half term queues. T5 chaos.

We had some BA holiday deal where we could use the fancy First check in and security, even the queues for that were miles long too. There were so many apoplectic people, who'd probably paid 10 grand for a first class ticket, and were having to queue like everyone else. Great to see the BA staff saying "tough sh!t" in as polite a way as possible.

Anyway, lounge now. Leaving off the free booze until the plane, but enjoyed breakfast and coffee. The boy ordered kippers, scrambled eggs, pancakes and bacon, fruit, yoghurt and a bucks fizz. He has also used the shower facilities. Bang for his buck...
  • hopkinb
    Couple opposite are also getting the most out of it. They've had a bloody Mary each, 2 glasses of rose champagne each, and a glass of regular champagne each has just arrived.

They've been sat down for 20 minutes.

Marvellous stuff. What a puritan I am.
  • pinno
    Waiting for Jewson's to deliver 21m of 4" Polypipe.
    Why is it you can't seem to find anything interesting on the net when you have the opportunity and when you don't, the opposite?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Slow start is being enjoyed, need to get the coffee on soon. Off to the old dear's later to sort out a few bits and plan how things should go with the move, still dependent on the sellers agreeing to a couple of things so contingency plans need to be made.
    I might change my name to something beginning with h so I can get away too. Have a good time chaps. Actually, get the EPO trolleyed on the complimentary booze H³. Then you might get some peace and quiet for the flight. Glad the boy is making good use of it.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    hopkinb said:

Couple opposite are also getting the most out of it. They've had a bloody Mary each, 2 glasses of rose champagne each, and a glass of regular champagne each has just arrived.

Come over and say hello then
  • hopkinb
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

😀

On board. Have a good day all.

• @pinno I think the alps in general are pretty dry at the minute, I shall update from ze ‘otel in a few hours
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

😀

On board. Have a good day all.

no savoury nibbles?
  • Stevo_666
    Went out on the bike for the first time since early November. Did a paltry 20 minutes round the edge of Sevenoaks at a very mediocre pace but feel really good now. Was tempted to go further but took the sensible option and turned back. My leg doesn’t hurt - yet. Fingers crossed...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Stevo_666 said:

Went out on the bike for the first time since early November. Did a paltry 20 minutes round the edge of Sevenoaks at a very mediocre pace but feel really good now. Was tempted to go further but took the sensible option and turned back. My leg doesn’t hurt - yet. Fingers crossed...

So you got out of the ManUpCave then? 😉

Got a v windy ride in, mix 'n' match of gravel + mud and tarmac cyclepaths, inc the section where I got glassed a few weeks ago. Was very watchful for glass on ground and jeez there was loads of it, was like some scrote had been spreading broken glass coz cyclists innit. Reported to council, get a sweeper along there.

Got back at 2.10 perfect timing for start of the Wuggah. Which didn't go well. Ho hum, at least we beat Ingerlaaannnd.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    orraloon said:

Got back at 2.10 perfect timing for start of the Wuggah. Which didn't go well. Ho hum, at least we beat Ingerlaaannnd.

Looked to be the player's attitude as well.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

Got a v windy ride in, mix 'n' match of gravel + mud and tarmac cyclepaths, inc the section where I got glassed a few weeks ago. Was very watchful for glass on ground and jeez there was loads of it, was like some scrote had been spreading broken glass coz cyclists innit. Reported to council, get a sweeper along there.

The cave is mainly for working in :smile:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

You have one good leg Stevo, not bad for 57. Plenty more things could have fallen off by now. 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

You have one good leg Stevo, not bad for 57. Plenty more things could have fallen off by now. 👍
    Don't fancy one legged cycling too much Seano. How's your one good arm? :smile:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

Did you have some kind of cripple tandem in mind?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Room views, early night tonight. The amateurs have borrowed their gear and we’ve watched France beat Ireland at rugby in a nice noisy bar. A shame but we did get some funny looks booing the reptilian turds.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Room views, early night tonight. The amateurs have borrowed their gear and we’ve watched France beat Ireland at rugby in a nice noisy bar. A shame but we did get some funny looks booing the reptilian turds.

Nice one, I know exactly where you are - know Tignes pretty well. Very handy for getting the early lift up the mountain.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

Hopefully no more cripple for me soon, fingers crossed I have regrown a working leg.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

That's a great idea. Stevo will have to do the steering.
    Do you trust him/
  • pinno
    4.5 hours of digging. Tree roots, lots of old bottles, brick, rubble and anything that stopped the spade going down.
    Just sunk 2 x 50ml Absolut and now sitting with a very large Baileys whilst the alcofrol eases the aches and pains.
    Feels like I have done 10 rounds with Joshua wotsisname.

Just watched Marcus Eder's 'Ultimate run' again. Dream time.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

That's a great idea. Stevo will have to do the steering.
    Do you trust him/
    Martyn Ashton might lend his out if they ask nicely.