thursday planting pineapples in galois's fields

'ning

possibility of remaining sogginess

ride if dry, cafes, yet more wfh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898
    Gentle run and then work stuff. Later is club with current wife as both kids are working
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,897
    Managed to escape from the house without stirring the hounds aka 4 legged early morning alarm system. Leg feels less dicky so getting my hopes up for a ride this weekend.

    Now on a fairly busy train full of the plague ridden masses headed into town for another day on the corporate hamster wheel. Priority number 1 = grab some free coffee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,180
    Morning

    WFW
    Limp around in running kit
    Gym later
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,538
    thistle_ said:


    Limp around in running kit

    Can I watch and giggle?

    Anyone seen an MF? It's damn spooky when you can't find one.

    Crystal clear here and sunny.
    Tricky is definitely on the mend.

    Pineapples are tricky to smoke but then I had a second glance and I suppose counting pineapples in that particular 'field' is quite easy:
    1 add 1 add 1...



    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Bungle is back in MTB thread, seems he hasn’t got much faith in the retailer from whom he purchased his lastest bike.
  • Is Jeffery and zippy with him ;) HaHaHa


    Well it’s been a really nice day, cool but nice. Would have been even better without that 15mph WSW which feels stronger BTW. I was planning on a ride this saffto but got waylaid doing other things that kept cropping up, que será, será
    I guess everybody is out taking advantage seeing as this place is a bit quite.

    Just had a peek at the 10 day forecast, its gonna have to be a ride day tomorrow cos it’s rain rain rain after that. Have to pick a good pub to end up at now…
    image


  • oxoman said:

    MF is off gallivanting again I believe. Ride home was brutal headwind and low sun not very nice. On the upside the boss didn't dismiss my 4 day a wk request / and pay rise and I quote doesn't want to lose me. Basically decent experienced industrial electricians are like hens teeth. They all want 50k plus a year. Given him a bit of impetus to recruit quicker. Now getting ready for night ride.


    Nice one oxo, good to be appreciated init
    bet you glad you made the move now ;)

  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898

    oxoman said:

    MF is off gallivanting again I believe. Ride home was brutal headwind and low sun not very nice. On the upside the boss didn't dismiss my 4 day a wk request / and pay rise and I quote doesn't want to lose me. Basically decent experienced industrial electricians are like hens teeth. They all want 50k plus a year. Given him a bit of impetus to recruit quicker. Now getting ready for night ride.


    Nice one oxo, good to be appreciated init
    bet you glad you made the move now ;)

    Plus potato
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898
    Hiit class with the current wife and then a swim = ale avoided all week (tomorrow is obviously the weekend) 😳
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,538
    edited February 2022
    I had to look 'Hilt class' up.
    I thought it was a Belgian beer at first :smiley:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Plague test in the a.m. to make sure I'm fit to fly to NY Saturday a.m.

    Perusing BA drinks menus, there is a lot I really want to try on the first menu..., that will be one hell of a red eye on the return leg. Biz, acceptable, but a) I don't like drinking in the morning, b) unless I keep drinking, I'll be hungover as hell at 6 p.m. local time.

    If I do keep drinking, I'll not sober up for a week.

    Maybe I just need to channel my inner tlw. Punishing 12 mile run whilst tw@tted on cider, followed by a wallow in a sex pond, which will fix all ills.

    Finding out what and where I can do stuff while Mrs H³ pointlessly trails round the same shops as are here. Found some nice little museums, galleries, will pop in to the US tentacle office for the lolz.

    Googling reveals NY is just London with different accents, taller buildings and 6 hours away. How I wish Mini was old enough to have been vaccinated, then I could be home alone.

    It's going to be a week of arguing and trying to keep the boy from being shot by either police or locals, and sharing a hotel room with a big, gangly, nocturnal teenager.

    I swear I become more of a misanthrope every single fcuking day.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898
    hopkinb said:

    Plague test in the a.m. to make sure I'm fit to fly to NY Saturday a.m.

    Perusing BA drinks menus, there is a lot I really want to try on the first menu..., that will be one hell of a red eye on the return leg. Biz, acceptable, but a) I don't like drinking in the morning, b) unless I keep drinking, I'll be hungover as hell at 6 p.m. local time.

    If I do keep drinking, I'll not sober up for a week.

    Maybe I just need to channel my inner tlw. Punishing 12 mile run whilst tw@tted on cider, followed by a wallow in a sex pond, which will fix all ills.

    Finding out what and where I can do stuff while Mrs H³ pointlessly trails round the same shops as are here. Found some nice little museums, galleries, will pop in to the US tentacle office for the lolz.

    Googling reveals NY is just London with different accents, taller buildings and 6 hours away. How I wish Mini was old enough to have been vaccinated, then I could be home alone.

    It's going to be a week of arguing and trying to keep the boy from being shot by either police or locals, and sharing a hotel room with a big, gangly, nocturnal teenager.

    I swear I become more of a misanthrope every single fcuking day.

    You have got this….. start practicing today. Ease into it with a Bloody Mary
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,538
    tlw1 said:


    You have got this….. start practicing today. Ease into it with a Bloody Mary

    That's like inverting the process. Like.
    Does it work though?

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,538
    hopkinb said:

    I don't want to go to frikkin New York.

    Boy will think he's on the PS3 in GTA.

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,485
    hopkinb said:

    Plague test in the a.m. to make sure I'm fit to fly to NY Saturday a.m.

    Perusing BA drinks menus, there is a lot I really want to try on the first menu..., that will be one hell of a red eye on the return leg. Biz, acceptable, but a) I don't like drinking in the morning, b) unless I keep drinking, I'll be hungover as hell at 6 p.m. local time.

    If I do keep drinking, I'll not sober up for a week.

    Maybe I just need to channel my inner tlw. Punishing 12 mile run whilst tw@tted on cider, followed by a wallow in a sex pond, which will fix all ills.

    Finding out what and where I can do stuff while Mrs H³ pointlessly trails round the same shops as are here. Found some nice little museums, galleries, will pop in to the US tentacle office for the lolz.

    Googling reveals NY is just London with different accents, taller buildings and 6 hours away. How I wish Mini was old enough to have been vaccinated, then I could be home alone.

    It's going to be a week of arguing and trying to keep the boy from being shot by either police or locals, and sharing a hotel room with a big, gangly, nocturnal teenager.

    I swear I become more of a misanthrope every single fcuking day.

    I have a pic of me standing between the twin towers on sept 11th the year before! Spooky.

    You’ll be dying for a plain salad in a few days. Just remember to hold the dressing before they cover it in burger sauce.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי