Canyon Endurace 7 (AL) 2022 size advice

Looking to order a Canyon Endurace 7 bike but I’m struggling to pick the right size. According to Canyon’s site I should order an M, based on my body height of 179 cm and inseam of 84.5 cm.

Having said that, I had my body measured at a local bike sizing advisor. Because of my relatively short arms (60 cm) their recommendation was an S.

Bike size advice
• Stack: 566
• Reach: 376

Endurace S and M respectively
• Stack: 568 / 590
• Reach: 375 / 378

The reach on both sizes is effectively the same. Since the M will be shipped with a stem of 100 mm instead of the 90 mm on the S, the position will be slightly more stretched. However, if I would mount a 90 mm stem on the M there will be very little difference between the two models. How would the 22 mm stack difference impact the fit apart from being a bit more upright?

Any thoughts/advice/input are much appreciated!

Body dimensions
• Height: 179 cm (5’11”)
• Torso height: 146 cm (4’10”)
• Inseam: 84,5 cm (33.3”)
• Arm length: 60 cm (23.6”)

Comments

• Can't comment specifically on a Canyon as I have never ridden one, but regarding your question on stack height, it could potentially make a big difference.

One factor to consider is how long have you been riding and whether or not you already have a fairly well established position on the bike? If you are an experienced rider used to a set position, then 22mm increase in stack would be pretty noticeable in my opinion. Increased stack doesn't necessarily mean you are just a bit more upright, it can affect all sorts of things such as hip/knee angles etc. this will all have an impact.

I switched frames last year and went to a bike with a 8mm stack increase. Due to the head tube lengths this meant the difference was fixed, I could not alter it at all with spacers. My position on the new bike is noticeably different, fortunately it worked out well and I prefer the new position, but some people may not get on with such a change.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,644
    I’m 183cm, 89cm inseam and am also a medium on Canyon size guide, albeit at the upper end. You’re towards the lower end of a medium. Canyon size advice is a guide but they don’t know your body the way you do or your preference. Go for a small if you like a shorter reach, greater drop to handlebars, more of a compact/sporty riding style and generally less bike under your body. Go for medium if you’d like a higher stack and less drop to handlebars with a slightly more stretched out position. I’m sure both would fit with a bit of tweaking, depends on your preference.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    I'm about 3 inches shorter than you with 2 inch shorter inseam and ride a small carbon SLX Endurace. Seatpost is raised about half way along the guide marks.

Assuming a new alu Endurace closely matches a 5 year old carbon model then I'd be going medium.