monday in a zoot suit with a reet pleat

'ning

really rather cold, but at least it's dry

ride, cafes, wfh whilst attempting to resist the urge to kill, increasingly wonder why i bother, grrr
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao.

Tired.

Need to start packing as heading away for a few days later in the week.

May fit a cassette and front brake cable to the Cadex
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Slow start as still resting knee.

Work stuff, maybe a ride then the gym to get a programme sorted
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,614
    On the train again. Getting a bit narked with the (slow) speed of recovery of the dicky leg but not a lot of choice really. Opting for doing the physio stretching routine rather than a bike ride yesterday was probably the wise choice in the end.

Onwards to coffee and meetings.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Stevo_666 said:

On the train again. Getting a bit narked with the (slow) speed of recovery of the dicky leg but not a lot of choice really. Opting for doing the physio stretching routine rather than a bike ride yesterday was probably the wise choice in the end.

Same here with my shoulder. Physio every day but still constant discomfort. Ultrasound Friday and hopefully an injection soon after which will provide instant relief. To be pain free and fully mobile would be suck a joy! Certainly makes you appreciate what you have when everything is working well. Grumble over.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    edited February 2022
    My left shoulder hasn't been working properly since 1996.
    But you get on with it.

Drizzly, grey, calm, slightly foggy more easily abbreviated to 'dreich'. Oatcake weather.

Where's 'Loon to wind up?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

But you get on with it.

Does it wake you up 10 times a night? A lesser seano would have been driven to insanity by now.

“Get on with it.” Pffft, you get on with it!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    pinno said:

Stirrin' ma purridge on the hob, aifter a couple wee oatcakes as a starter, ken. Micht mak a wee drap o' skirlie as weel. All carb, nae veg.

Got some sorting out stuff to do, well actually have xxxx loads of sorting out to do, but make a start man, at least.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    pinno said:

Bit early for him isn't it? Give it 20 minutes or so.
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

Stirrin' ma purridge on the hob
    is that a euphimism?

• MattFalle
    pinno said:

just wankitout. it'll be fine.

• thistle_
    'ning

Run runned
    WFW
    Maybe gym later

Need a better weather app for my phone - it was saying 5 degrees outside but the car said 0 and the ice on the bridge suggested the car was correct.
    Still pleasant in shorts and T shirt when you're as naturally insulated as me.

Cracked out the new running shoes today to see if it stops my foot/achilles hurting. Answer was no.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Bit early for him isn't it? Give it 20 minutes or so.
    20 minutes? Nah man, Ah'm stirrin' ma purridge, gie it mair like twa 'oors.
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

'ning

Run runned
    WFW
    Maybe gym later

Need a better weather app for my phone - it was saying 5 degrees outside but the car said 0 and the ice on the bridge suggested the car was correct.
    Still pleasant in shorts and T shirt when you're as naturally insulated as me.

Cracked out the new running shoes today to see if it stops my foot/achilles hurting. Answer was no.

plantar?
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

plantar?
    Nah more round the side of heel, probably linked to achilles.
    Need to ring the physio to get it checked.

Answer is probably more cycling or the other standard solution.

• pinno
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

26 years of blisters.
  • pinno
    Skirlie on toast. The cornerstone of a nutritious diet.
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

Morning.
    Pedalled in dodging the icey bits.
    Work being worked or at ĺeast the appearance of work.
    Must pick something up tonight for the OH as it's our 25th wedding anniversary tomorrow. And before someone says it, yes I know I'd have got ĺess for murder.

bizarrely, and it must be pure coincedence, when I was chatting to Mrs Oxo only the other day she said that what she really, really needed and wanted was either an angle grinder, an axe or a lump hammer.

So, what better time to show you care?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    oxoman said:

Must pick something up tonight for the OH as it's our 25th wedding anniversary tomorrow. And before someone says it, yes I know I'd have got ĺess for murder.

Probably more sex too, but it might not be as enjoyable
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

oxoman said:

Morning.

bizarrely, and it must be pure coincedence, when I was chatting to Mrs Oxo only the other day she said that what she really, really needed and wanted was either an angle grinder, an axe or a lump hammer.
    Not a Cadex?
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

oxoman said:

Morning.

Not a Cadex?
    One of those came after a set of axle stands but I'm sure it was on the list
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

How do you think he got the bad shoulder in the first place?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Same here with my shoulder. Physio every day but still constant discomfort. Ultrasound Friday and hopefully an injection soon after which will provide instant relief. To be pain free and fully mobile would be suck a joy! Certainly makes you appreciate what you have when everything is working well. Grumble over.
    True that. Patience isn't top of my list of virtues unfortunately. I think as long as I can go riding when the weather turns nice I'll be OK...
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

incorrect technique - user error.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice after a cold, but sunny, wobble in. Feeling more positive than usual after a chilled weekend, the phucktards haven't beaten it out of me as yet anyhow.
    Sympathise with all the aches and pains, recovery definitely takes longer as we get older. I'm just suffering my usual aches, pains with associated clicking and clonking so can't grumble. Presumably I should keep going with the usual WIO as a preventative measure.
    Just seen the Atherton's are making a more modern downhill version of a Cadex, Ti lugs and bonded carbon tubes. Would Mrs Oxo prefer an MTB to a road bike for her anniversary?
    Just had a phone call from the female child, just had her results form the first term at uni. Our worries about her getting back into the studying were clearly unfounded, all I can say is she must have got her brains from her mother.
  • thistle_
    edited February 2022

Just seen the Atherton's are making a more modern downhill version of a Cadex, Ti lugs and bonded carbon tubes. Would Mrs Oxo prefer an MTB to a road bike for her anniversary?

£6700 for the basic model. You could get an Aygo for that.

• Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Sure, but would you want one? Not sure I would take an Aygo if they only gave me £6.7k.
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

thats a lot of wedge. a lot.

those in the know: is it worth it or are ypu being Hunt'd?

£6700 Aygo would provide a shedload of laughs. For that money you could rally it and not worry about dinging it tofuck.
  • Back from the land of the white stuff, got a very busy week as we're flying out again on Saturday.

If anyone gives a toss, here's a short gopro edit from our last day.

https://youtu.be/Y0DauHJWhvo

6 days until skiing.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

thats a lot of wedge. a lot.

those in the know: is it worth it or are ypu being Hunt'd?
    For tw@tting about with your mates at a trail centre where crashing into trees and rocks is part of the game - no.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

Back from the land of the white stuff, got a very busy week as we're flying out again on Saturday.

If anyone gives a toss, here's a short gopro edit from our last day.

https://youtu.be/Y0DauHJWhvo

6 days until skiing.

Takes me back a bit HD - to 2019 when I last went :/ Never been to that resort - do they have many reds & blacks?