Direct mount mech hanger

Real head scratcher today.
I have a 2014 BMC Fourstroke FS02 and have just purchased a sram 11 speed shifter and derailleur. The old mech was a 10 speed xt Shimano that needed a wolf tooth extender on for it to get to the 46t cog.
Anyway, I have moved back down to a 42t biggest cog so no need for the extender.
Well I couldn’t for the life of me work out why the sram derailleur wouldn’t fit properly, it wouldn’t sit right on the hanger and was completely off when trying to set the limit screws.
A sit down, cup of tea and a think helped. It occurred to me that I reckon I have a direct mount hanger fitted which put the sram derailleur too far out. Quick search on the internet and found a standard mount BMC derailleur that should fit. So fingers crossed when it arrives everything will fit and shift!

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited February 2022
    Did the XT derailleur attach to the hanger with a b-link?

If so it's a standard hanger.

If not it's a direct mount hanger and, (without a b-link) a direct mount derailleur too.
  • ed1973
    ed1973 Posts: 284
    Yeah on the old shifter I took off, I had to remove that b link to attach it to the goatlink extender.
    Hopefully when the new hanger arrives all will be well. Fingers crossed ha ha
  • ed1973
    ed1973 Posts: 284
    New hanger arrived, fits and all is good with the world!