Quad Lock Out Front mount.

Been looking at these because I need to use Google maps on my iPhone.

Are they any good/strong, safe etc??

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,946
    Is that the one where you buy a case for your phone, that has the garmin style tab on the back, and you then use it on a standard garmin out front mount?

I have a mate who used his iphone on one of those mounts, where it tries to grip the phone in 4 corners, and it popped out on a big bump and unsurprisingly he ended up with a cracked screen - he then went and bought a 1030.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • darrell1967
    darrell1967 Posts: 477
    edited February 2022
    Not sure.

From what I can tell is that the phone fits into a sturdy looking case with a screen protector that then clips into a Garmin style mount being either on the stem or on the bars.

Everything is made by Quad Lock.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,946
    Decent review here, that you may have already seen: https://cyclingtips.com/2020/10/quad-lock-mobile-phone-mount-review-solid-and-secure/

Curious why the case does simply not have a garmin style connector on the back, seems odd no?

Wouldn't work for my Huwaeaieieieiie Honor phone, as not mainstream enough.
    Don't fancy gluing something to the back of it, or the case to be honest.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    As promoted by one Chris Froome #stemwatch
  • PMark
    PMark Posts: 160
    edited February 2022

Been looking at these because I need to use Google maps on my iPhone.

Are they any good/strong, safe etc??

Been using the quad lock system for years and think it is great. I have the out front mount on my road bike and standard stem mount for my mtb. It locks very securely to the bike, so no issues with it getting damaged.

You get the phone case which the attaches to the mount. There is also a see through rain cover which I use when heavy rain, but most modern phones are pretty water proof now, so you might not need it.

You can also get the GoPro attachment for the underside, which I currently mount a light on (also doubles as a usb battery for long rides).
  • Excellent. I’ll get onto Amazon then.
    👍