trek madone advice

hi all
thinking of possibly buying a trek madone but have a question for the trek madone owners.

i'm 5'9'' or 175cms and wondering if a size 54 will fit...sizing says i need a 56 which isnt available at the minute...the 54 sizes from167-174cms and the 56 from 173-180cms....will the 54 do as i reckon its only 10mm and as its the smaller frame it should size up ok.

anybody around my size on a 54 and whats your thoughts?
TIA
Lapierre Aircode 300
Merida

Comments

• joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,073
    How does the frame size compare to any existing bikes you own and are comfortable on?
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Don't forget the old adage, if you're between sizes it's best to go for the smaller frame as it is usually easier to adjust to get the correct fit.
  • redvision said:

Don't forget the old adage, if you're between sizes it's best to go for the smaller frame as it is usually easier to adjust to get the correct fit.

Yeah this is my thinking too...go the smaller frame size...can make a small bike bigger but can't make a big bike smaller lol...not much in it tho so may hit the buy button.
    Thanks
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    I had a 54 Domane. I am 1. 70. The frame was just about OK with a shortish stem.
    I think a 54 will be perfect for you.