saturday the time has come, the walrus said, to talk of many things

'ning

still cold

ride with extra riding to make up for not riding yesterday, cafes and lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Gentle jog with the dogs, then a few jobs and then gravel ride over to market Drayton for the delights / pure crap of toyah Wilcox’s. Plenty of ale is needed to get through this rescheduled rubbish
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Jog and dogs and jobs - it started well but then it went to pot.

#shropshirerapreview

It's all a bit cloudy (again).
    Will brave it later after the house empties.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Gentle jog wasn't very gentle.
    Need to go to the shops but CBA. Also need to check the car after nearly losing it on a roundabout last night despite the new tyres last weekend :neutral:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    thistle_ said:

Need to go to the shops but CBA. Also need to check the car after nearly losing it on a roundabout last night despite the new tyres last weekend :neutral:

New tyres take time to bed in.
    Add a bit of diesel on the tarmac...?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Good lie in as usual. Hounds have failed to escape from the garden for the 5th day on the trot so we reckon the latest containment effort has worked, just need to keep an eye out for foxes trying to burrow under the fencing. Will take dogs out in a bit, then haircut and gentle jog to test out the leg followed by a spot of shifting stuff into the loft.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

New tyres take time to bed in.
    Add a bit of diesel on the tarmac...?
    That's what I'm hoping.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    A rare day without kids was in the cards but wife has tested positive so I’ll be nurse maid to the worst patient in the world for the next 5 days. Must channel my inner Oxo
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start is being enjoyed, a couple of hungover students for me to laugh at. Lad had a mate stay over after going to the rugby last night. They got in at about 4 so it must have been a long match. He's certainly better after his covisolation period. Hope the Mrs doesn't suffer too badly with it Seano.
    Day of doing stuff for me, off to the old dear's shortly. No jogging, but hoping to see an old friend for a stroll later.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Slack day, finished a set of 3 frames for some paintings, and a spot of random faffing in shed otherwise. Visit from neighbours a few doors along the street for a chat and a chuckle. Early night beckons I think.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Walked a mile or so (to the gym)
    And then I rested on a machine
    Conveniently low.

Gym gymed, refueled, need to get showered and tarted up a bit before heading over to some friends' place for nibbles, bevvies and paarrtaay games. This is not a work meeting.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

A rare day without kids was in the cards but wife has tested positive so I’ll be nurse maid to the worst patient in the world for the next 5 days. Must channel my inner Oxo

If she has to isolate she may as well do all the housework and make herself useful o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Went for my run/walk/run (as advised by the physio) and the leg doesn't hurt too much. That calls for a small celebration :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

It’s been not as odd as expected so far
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Thought that was Stevo celebrating.

Rubbish day apart from going to see a friend, which was really good and more than made up for it.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn said:

My missus had it a couple of weeks back.
    Nine days til my missus had the second negative. :(
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    oxoman said:

FFS we feel your pain. Seems everyone is succumbing to the dreaded covid. Sure you'll manage and because its only 5 days just leave all the housework and ironing for when she's better. 😇🤭

I did the best I could. But the first thing my missus did when she escaped isolation in the bedroom was to pick fault with my efforts.
    This came as a surprise to absolutely nobody.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Thought that was Stevo celebrating.

Rubbish day apart from going to see a friend, which was really good and more than made up for it.
    There'd be a pint of cider in the pic if that was me.