Cannondale Caad 8 - worth to swap?

Hi I'm at the moment I'm using Halfords Voodoo limba bought last yeast. Found that local caad8 and guy seems to swap and give me some cash as well. I know its hard to say from photos but just roughly is it worth it?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannondale-CAAD8-Road-Bike-Serviced-Tiagra-Groupset-/144377527664?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

That limba is always a problem : gears been regulated 5 times in 6 months and always after few weeks it was back to a nightmare.

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,593
    In my opinion (In the current market) that seems like pretty reasonable value for a well respected frame and carbon forks.

It has a few marks, but the drivetrain looks clean, if a little worn - I suppose you might want to have a look at it close up, and a ride, and see if the gears are slipping at all.

Having said that, if front cogs or cassette need replacing, it won't cost the earth being 10 speed, and somebody mentioned an brand off ebay with a UK distributor for chains and cassettes that seemed to be ok - that's if you are looking to do it on a budget.

How much do you value your Voodoo at (What are historical prices like on ebay?) and how much extra will he give you?

Is the CAAD definitively the right size for you?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    CAAD8 is a very good frame, and components were better than on your voodoo. Everything upgradeable too if you want. As Daniel says, might need to replace cassette and front big ring may be a bit worn.

It’s a different ride though - likely faster on road but you are prob limited to 28mm tyres, so not for rough stuff and not great on any unsurfaced roads. Also, as seen, the gearing will be a lot higher. If you need lower gears to get you up the hills it will need a bigger cassette and possible a longer cage derailleur (the caad looks like a short cage, which may struggle with a cog bigger than 28 on the back).

Daniel - I think this will be 2x9, not 2x10.
  • Thanks guys for quick and efficient response. I asked £330 for mine but might get some ££ off his bike as I have a set of brand new tires to go with mine Voodoo. So let's say i might get £50 when exchange. I think good deal? Voodoo is perfect condition, did around 300miles on it and apart of gears problem (chain rubbing since new and 3 different shops couldn't fix it) it's perfect. Frame is exactly same size. I asked for frame number to but still waiting for it. How old roughly could that caad8 be? Could I fit 28c tyres there? I had 40 as original in Voodoo, now changed to 32c. Don't do any gravel anyway.
  • And if replacing cassette and front ring what sort of cost are we looking at?
  • katani
    katani Posts: 133
    edited January 2022
    Apart from having a bunch of unfixable issues that make every ride a nightmare, its' perfect :D
  • katani
    katani Posts: 133
    edited January 2022

• katani said:

Apart from having a bunch of unfixable issues that make every ride a nightmare, its' perfect :D

What do you mean?