Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

friday with pineapple finials

'ning

even nippier, should be bright

ride cafes wfh stuff laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,344
    Ferkin cold run with the hounds, not as bad as last nights ride, but still cold.

    Work stuff then out later, all whilst trying to work out why the wife is encouraging me to go on a lads trip cycling in morzine which means missing our wedding anniversary
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,734
    Icy wobble in, cold tootsies. Coffee, work avoidance.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinnopinno Posts: 44,037
    tlw1 said:


    Work stuff then out later, all whilst trying to work out why the wife is encouraging me to go on a lads trip cycling in morzine which means missing our wedding anniversary

    This is quite disconcerting. Do you think she's fed up of you?

    No fog like they said.
    Cat left some bits of mouse for me.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,734
    edited 14 January
    pinno said:

    tlw1 said:


    Work stuff then out later, all whilst trying to work out why the wife is encouraging me to go on a lads trip cycling in morzine which means missing our wedding anniversary

    This is quite disconcerting. Do you think she's fed up of you?

    No fog like they said.
    Cat left some bits of mouse for me.
    Nah, no way. He’s hardly ever out with his mates and is obviously an attentive loving husband.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 7,138
    Ciao

    cold but bright. bunking off work this morning to pack, need to nip in later and thats that.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 44,037
    seanoconn said:

    pinno said:

    tlw1 said:


    Work stuff then out later, all whilst trying to work out why the wife is encouraging me to go on a lads trip cycling in morzine which means missing our wedding anniversary

    This is quite disconcerting. Do you think she's fed up of you?

    No fog like they said.
    Cat left some bits of mouse for me.
    Nah, no way. He’s hardly ever out with his mates and is obviously an attentive loving husband.
    Well if he's anything like me, when he has a beer he's anyone's friend.
    I mean, you cannot be grumpy all the time, that leads to unhappy marriages so you need a drink. I'm happy = you're happy. Simples innit.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 7,086
    Hello internet, I'm back from deepest darkest Telford.
    Excitement is building in HD Towers, off to the land of pizza, pasta and snow covered mountains in 15 days and the French have lifted their ban for the second trip.

    Week skiing, week dossing on the net followed by another week skiing.

    Packing for an overnight tomorrow as its 22yrs since we got married.

    Probably go for a ride tomorrow morning to burn off a croissant.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,734

    Hello internet, I'm back from deepest darkest Telford.
    Excitement is building in HD Towers, off to the land of pizza, pasta and snow covered mountains in 15 days and the French have lifted their ban for the second trip.

    Week skiing, week dossing on the net followed by another week skiing.

    Packing for an overnight tomorrow as its 22yrs since we got married.

    Probably go for a ride tomorrow morning to burn off a croissant.

    Have a great time HD 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,045
    Morning all. Enjoy the skiing HD. TLW if your house is anything like mine it's quieter when I'm away, so she actively encourages me to on cycling breaks. Yep it was definitely nippy this morning but not as cold as last nights ride out. Dining out tonight seeing as it's the OH's birthday today.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 47,766
    seanoconn said:

    pinno said:

    tlw1 said:


    Work stuff then out later, all whilst trying to work out why the wife is encouraging me to go on a lads trip cycling in morzine which means missing our wedding anniversary

    This is quite disconcerting. Do you think she's fed up of you?

    No fog like they said.
    Cat left some bits of mouse for me.
    Nah, no way. He’s hardly ever out with his mates and is obviously an attentive loving husband.
    When did you say you were going to Shropshire Seano?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 7,086
    We're thinking of celebrating the jubilee by taking the two wheeled machines over to Italy, probably me and wifey so no peace for her.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 47,766

    Hello internet, I'm back from deepest darkest Telford.
    Excitement is building in HD Towers, off to the land of pizza, pasta and snow covered mountains in 15 days and the French have lifted their ban for the second trip.

    Week skiing, week dossing on the net followed by another week skiing.

    Packing for an overnight tomorrow as its 22yrs since we got married.

    Probably go for a ride tomorrow morning to burn off a croissant.

    Good news HD. This season is a write off for me sadly due to the dodgy leg.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,734
    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    pinno said:

    tlw1 said:


    Work stuff then out later, all whilst trying to work out why the wife is encouraging me to go on a lads trip cycling in morzine which means missing our wedding anniversary

    This is quite disconcerting. Do you think she's fed up of you?

    No fog like they said.
    Cat left some bits of mouse for me.
    Nah, no way. He’s hardly ever out with his mates and is obviously an attentive loving husband.
    When did you say you were going to Shropshire Seano?
    It’s purely coincidence that I’ll be arriving in Shropshire on the day of tlw1’s departure 😇
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,344
    seanoconn said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    seanoconn said:

    pinno said:

    tlw1 said:


    Work stuff then out later, all whilst trying to work out why the wife is encouraging me to go on a lads trip cycling in morzine which means missing our wedding anniversary

    This is quite disconcerting. Do you think she's fed up of you?

    No fog like they said.
    Cat left some bits of mouse for me.
    Nah, no way. He’s hardly ever out with his mates and is obviously an attentive loving husband.
    When did you say you were going to Shropshire Seano?
    It’s purely coincidence that I’ll be arriving in Shropshire on the day of tlw1’s departure 😇
    As long as you do some jobs too!

    To be honest I might not be going as my main focus is running the coast to coast this year and will still be knackered for this trip 🙄
  • pinnopinno Posts: 44,037
    tlw1 said:


    To be honest I might not be going as my main focus is running the coast to coast this year and will still be knackered for this trip 🙄

    You [email protected]
    If you want the challenge, why not do the C2C2C?

    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 7,086
    pinno said:


    Cat left some bits of mouse for me.



    At least I got a full one



    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,344
    pinno said:

    tlw1 said:


    To be honest I might not be going as my main focus is running the coast to coast this year and will still be knackered for this trip 🙄

    You [email protected]
    If you want the challenge, why not do the C2C2C?

    I’m lazy
  • sungodsungod Posts: 14,053

    pinno said:


    Cat left some bits of mouse for me.



    At least I got a full one



    you can deep fry them, some even volunteer
    https://nypost.com/2019/09/02/video-shows-rodent-leaping-into-deep-fryer-at-whataburger/
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,344

    pinno said:


    Cat left some bits of mouse for me.



    At least I got a full one



    The cat rarely leaves one whole, but if she did the hound hovers will enjoy it
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 7,138
    Stevo_666 said:

    Hello internet, I'm back from deepest darkest Telford.
    Excitement is building in HD Towers, off to the land of pizza, pasta and snow covered mountains in 15 days and the French have lifted their ban for the second trip.

    Week skiing, week dossing on the net followed by another week skiing.

    Packing for an overnight tomorrow as its 22yrs since we got married.

    Probably go for a ride tomorrow morning to burn off a croissant.

    Good news HD. This season is a write off for me sadly due to the dodgy leg.
    dodgy leg?

    just wankitout, it'll be fine
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 47,766
    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Hello internet, I'm back from deepest darkest Telford.
    Excitement is building in HD Towers, off to the land of pizza, pasta and snow covered mountains in 15 days and the French have lifted their ban for the second trip.

    Week skiing, week dossing on the net followed by another week skiing.

    Packing for an overnight tomorrow as its 22yrs since we got married.

    Probably go for a ride tomorrow morning to burn off a croissant.

    Good news HD. This season is a write off for me sadly due to the dodgy leg.
    dodgy leg?

    just wankitout, it'll be fine
    Yep, torn tendon on my Adductor Longus.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 7,086
    We generally get bits, sometimes a kidney/liver. I’m not exactly sure and sometimes a face, the cats must know not to eat teeth.

    That’s makes them sound intelligent however the fact that they get fed twice a day plus cat milk and dry food negates that.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 9,414
    Lovely day out in the ice and the sunshine; Friday workgroup doing maintenance work cutting back scrub overgrowth in open public space in the next town over which is owned by local council, the charity trust manage it on behalf of. Had never been there before in all the years I've lived in The Valley, muppet-me, it's a beautiful area. What I have learned today.

    One of the apprentice rangers employed by the charity was leaving today to take on a new job, so much cake consumed on her behalf.

    Will soon be time to open the bar. Plus have a portion of my tasty home made (of course) beef curry in the fridge so easy times.

    Now, I wonder what's been the topics of the day on here for all the desk jockey internet warriors...
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 7,138
    Stevo_666 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Hello internet, I'm back from deepest darkest Telford.
    Excitement is building in HD Towers, off to the land of pizza, pasta and snow covered mountains in 15 days and the French have lifted their ban for the second trip.

    Week skiing, week dossing on the net followed by another week skiing.

    Packing for an overnight tomorrow as its 22yrs since we got married.

    Probably go for a ride tomorrow morning to burn off a croissant.

    Good news HD. This season is a write off for me sadly due to the dodgy leg.
    dodgy leg?

    just wankitout, it'll be fine
    Yep, torn tendon on my Adductor Longus.
    best drown it in vino rosso. its the only answer.......

    what's the doc/physio said?
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,834
    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Hello internet, I'm back from deepest darkest Telford.
    Excitement is building in HD Towers, off to the land of pizza, pasta and snow covered mountains in 15 days and the French have lifted their ban for the second trip.

    Week skiing, week dossing on the net followed by another week skiing.

    Packing for an overnight tomorrow as its 22yrs since we got married.

    Probably go for a ride tomorrow morning to burn off a croissant.

    Good news HD. This season is a write off for me sadly due to the dodgy leg.
    dodgy leg?

    just wankitout, it'll be fine
    Yep, torn tendon on my Adductor Longus.
    best drown it in vino rosso. its the only answer.......

    what's the doc/physio said?
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/comment/20865579/#Comment_20865579
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,985 Lives Here
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of WFH, very glad it's Friday. Lad is still testing +be, EPO and I still -ve. Still laying low to minimise risks of passing it on, did pop out to Sainsbury's and had a bit of a walk in the sun at lunchtime. Ordering food in for this evening, might have a beer as I don't think I've had one in over a week.
    Glad we don't have cats any more, no finding meeces, birds or bits of bird in the house. Poxy things made me late getting to the hospital the day after the boy was born. The sparrow they'd brought into the house was behind a sideboard and still alive. I had to get them locked away before trying to catch Tweety and liberate him. What a palaver.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 7,138
    thistle_ said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Hello internet, I'm back from deepest darkest Telford.
    Excitement is building in HD Towers, off to the land of pizza, pasta and snow covered mountains in 15 days and the French have lifted their ban for the second trip.

    Week skiing, week dossing on the net followed by another week skiing.

    Packing for an overnight tomorrow as its 22yrs since we got married.

    Probably go for a ride tomorrow morning to burn off a croissant.

    Good news HD. This season is a write off for me sadly due to the dodgy leg.
    dodgy leg?

    just wankitout, it'll be fine
    Yep, torn tendon on my Adductor Longus.
    best drown it in vino rosso. its the only answer.......

    what's the doc/physio said?
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/comment/20865579/#Comment_20865579
    sounds like a wise man he does....
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 47,766
    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Hello internet, I'm back from deepest darkest Telford.
    Excitement is building in HD Towers, off to the land of pizza, pasta and snow covered mountains in 15 days and the French have lifted their ban for the second trip.

    Week skiing, week dossing on the net followed by another week skiing.

    Packing for an overnight tomorrow as its 22yrs since we got married.

    Probably go for a ride tomorrow morning to burn off a croissant.

    Good news HD. This season is a write off for me sadly due to the dodgy leg.
    dodgy leg?

    just wankitout, it'll be fine
    Yep, torn tendon on my Adductor Longus.
    best drown it in vino rosso. its the only answer.......

    what's the doc/physio said?
    Patience and take it easy with the activity/build it up gradually.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.