wednesday every revolutionary ends by becoming either an oppressor or a heretic

2»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Evening folks, pretty dull day of WFH. Dull work wise that is. Looked lovely and sunny out so went for a short stroll with the EPO at lunchtime.
    Is there a photocopier the MFs can shout at? Those things are always worth shouting at.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,353
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

I have a good source that tells me that it ain't much better in Welshland

'kin glorious in this bit of Welshland today [bollox], and at that Deva Stadium place we've just annexed.
    So floodlights, not sunlight.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

I have a good source that tells me that it ain't much better in Welshland

'kin glorious in this bit of Welshland today [bollox], and at that Deva Stadium place we've just annexed.
    So floodlights, not sunlight.
    They can't afford floodlights.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,564
    There's so little sun in Wales, Sunday is now just called Day.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Well the eldest has played a blinder making today's tea. Meatballs and spaghetti,

On par with Delia already then.
    I loved her first book: 'How to boil an egg'.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    oxoman said:

Well the eldest has played a blinder making today's tea. Meatballs and spaghetti, what could he get wrong I hear you say. Well the consolation is they actually appeared cooked, unlike the spaghetti which was overcooked. His GF had to step in and rescue him. Tonight will teach him to keep his sarcasm to himself in future. Hopefully.

Might be part of his plan: do such a bad job of it that nobody lets him do it again.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    thistle_ said:

oxoman said:

Well the eldest has played a blinder making today's tea. Meatballs and spaghetti, what could he get wrong I hear you say. Well the consolation is they actually appeared cooked, unlike the spaghetti which was overcooked. His GF had to step in and rescue him. Tonight will teach him to keep his sarcasm to himself in future. Hopefully.

Might be part of his plan: do such a bad job of it that nobody lets him do it again.

That’s worked for me for years
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Evening folks, pretty dull day of WFH. Dull work wise that is. Looked lovely and sunny out so went for a short stroll with the EPO at lunchtime.
    Is there a photocopier the MFs can shout at? Those things are always worth shouting at.

too scared to go in the office where it is as the woman in there is a right old dragon.

#fear
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,412
    oxoman said:

He's failed on all counts. He's doing tea next week to a strict recipe / menu and method statement provided by his GF. Her idea. :D

Need to train my two boys to be more independent/uselful. Their lack of domestic assistance is starting to irritate. An empty plate of cup into the kitchen is the extent of helpfulness.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    There's something about women like that. My god they give you the heebie-jeebies. I think you would have less fear coming face to face with Pol-Pot or Idi Amin, President Assad or that, wotsisface... Rees Mogg bloke.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

He's failed on all counts. He's doing tea next week to a strict recipe / menu and method statement provided by his GF. Her idea. :D

Need to train my two boys to be more independent/uselful. Their lack of domestic assistance is starting to irritate. An empty plate of cup into the kitchen is the extent of helpfulness.
    I have this with bambino - fails to realise, no matter how much I ask, cajole, discuss scream and shout that I'm tired of plated and cups and glaases and detritus being left around.

just put it in the bin/dishwasher.

its not that difficult.
  • veronese68
    MattFalle said:

too scared to go in the office where it is as the woman in there is a right old dragon.

#fear
    They have to be like that to defeat the photocopiers, now photocopiers have become scanners as well they are practically sentient. Hence the need for dragonlady.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

I have this with bambino - fails to realise, no matter how much I ask, cajole, discuss scream and shout that I'm tired of plated and cups and glaases and detritus being left around.

just put it in the bin/dishwasher.

its not that difficult.
    I gather it all up, however disgusting - dirty plates, bowls, mugs, bottles, glasses, tissues, sweet wrappers, crisp packets, dirty socks and underwear, and put it all under his duvet. It still doesn't stop him being a messy little sheeite, but the look on his face as he has to bin it all, put his now filthy bedclothes in the wash and put new ones on the bed is priceless. Still doesn't learn.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

Our lad is very good at doing the cooking, the problem is he started at university with a deal that he does the cooking and the others clean up. The problem being when he does the cooking he uses every pot, pan and utensil and leaves the kitchen looking like a bomb site.
    But he does cook good food so we put up with it, with the odd sarcastic comment, he'll learn when he gets his own place.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

#fear
    They have to be like that to defeat the photocopiers, now photocopiers have become scanners as well they are practically sentient. Hence the need for dragonlady.
    she's just massively scarey and unhelpful and has failed to realise that her job is to work alongside us and not against us but she's sooooooo scarey.

i ain't gonna fight her, I know that much.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Junior has got better now she's been living in a flat up at uni and has realised that dirty plates don't make their own way to the dishwasher etc. Mrs. 666 is still too soft on her but if she wants to tidy up the rest, it's her choice.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    edited January 2022
    oxoman said:

Eldest is brilliant with dirty pots clothes etc in his room since his GF has been on the scene and found a manky sandwich festering in his room. Young oxo however has regressed to his brothers standards, but ive found xbox and Internet privelidges a good lever most of the time.

better than a copy of Granny monthly and his "special sock" I suppose.