thursday awaits the unwary

'ning

really rather nippy, should be bright once sun rises

ride, cafe, stroll, cafe, wfh, laze, put away tinsel etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Moaning,

Defiantly nippy brrrrrrr and dark but I’m hoping it stays dry at least, not looking forward to this

Tea, more tea, WFW café visit - Fancy working on Kings Day tut-tut

Happy Kings Day to you all

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Last night was day 2 of a mini detox and all is good with the world 😂

Work stuff and then a gentle run
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

School run and then bunking off for a bit to go and look at a house with a friend. May grab a pie or two whilst I'm out....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853
    edited January 2022
    It's a bit bleak out there.
    Tinsel stuff came down yesterday due to the logistical constraints of today i'e I have a meeting and Mrs P won't go up the ladder into the loft but they have been up since the 17th.
    Girls go back to school for one day tomorrow. Wtf? Something to do with swapping days off and the Jubilee.
    I will have to write a letter

Dear Queenie

I know it's been a tough year for you: Phil popping his socks was bit untimely, I mean 99 - all that expert medical care and he couldn't make it a century, poor effort. That ginger brat and his yankee wife still causing mild irritation and darling Andy putting his todger about a bit with manipulative, underage nymphomaniac floozies but why do I have to wash the school uniforms for just 1 day's use because of days in lieu due to your Jubilee wotsit? You seem to celebrate a lot of things, isn't it time you took up knitting and put your feet up? My mother (bless her) left me a pile of knitting patterns and some wooden jigsaw puzzles, I could post them to you.

Yours
    Disgruntled citizen (residing in a Royal Borough)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Morning

Gorgeous start to the morning although the dark clouds are now rolling in as forecast.

Piles of snow/hail at the side of the road on this morning's run :confused:

Hiding at home today, maybe gym later.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,535
    tlw1 said:

What does the world look like through sober eyes?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning.

2nd day of teaching (although currently observing a student teacher). Meeting with headmaster done at 7.45, career stuff, “value your contribution, would rather you didn’t apply for the jobs you’ve seen but I can’t promise you anything here. But you will probably see stuff in the next 12-18 months here that you will like. But can’t promise you’ll get anything” type of conversation. Mrs GTi still worrying about whether her new job gets confirmed, current place of employment seems to be being rather vindictive. Which is a concern. Ma GTi still in hospital following her Xmas day admission. No ‘Rona in the family at the moment. No progress made on the doctorate. Could really do with something good happening.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning all.

Schönen Dreikönigstag! (today's a public holiday in Germany, at least).
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • thistle_
    johngti said:

Could really do with something good happening.

I can sort that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97WlpsuU74

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,899
    thistle_ said:

johngti said:

Could really do with something good happening.

I can sort that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97WlpsuU74

still epic

also
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetW6R9Jxs4
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    Is it the same woman in both videos?

I used to go to a class at the gym (not yoga) that was very much like that Eric Prydz video :/

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    thistle_ said:

Is it the same woman in both videos?

I used to go to a class at the gym (not yoga) that was very much like that Eric Prydz video :/

Can we have details of the class please?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Was cold this morning, had to scrape ice off wife's and juniors cars as they're not very good at it.

Busy morning of calls etc, must be lunchtime soon. Off to get the tyres sorted on the car later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

What does the world look like through sober eyes?
    I don’t like it
  • Stevo_666
  • Medium weigh snow up here this morning, still WFH but back in tomorrow for a catch up.
    Need to get to the gym/pool, might have to engage 4x4 mode!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    House shopping with a mate.

Found one, pricing up temporary (2 year) carpets and bathrooms until full renovation can take place and all that stuff gets removed, smashed with hammers, set fire to and trebucheted into his next door's garden.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    Ride rided. 1C at start, ice ice baby, then it started raining 1/2 way through. Good blast though, nice tail wind on the last stretch. Time for hot shower and thaw.
  • MattFalle said:

Found one, pricing up temporary (2 year) carpets and bathrooms until full renovation can take place and all that stuff gets removed, smashed with hammers, set fire to and trebucheted into his next door's garden.

Trebucheted you say? Where's his house, Leicestershire?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166
    edited January 2022
    The question is, should I don crampons and pick up an ice axe for the journey to the hot tub later, or will a space blanket suffice?

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • *note to self, use phone sideways for foruming...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Ben6899
    edited January 2022
    MattFalle said:

If he takes my advice, unless the place is a shell, I'd keep all existing fittings and live with it for two years. Stick the money into a contingency fund for when the reno takes place.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • MattFalle
    Ben6899 said:

MattFalle said:

If he takes my advice, unless the place is a shell, I'd keep all existing fittings and live with it for two years. Stick the money into a contingency fund for when the reno takes place.
    good points v well presented and normally I'd do the same but this place is currently v v v manky and i wouldn't live there alone, let alone with a wife and two bambini.

we're thinking cheapest carpets poss, 3 of us attack it with a huge pot of Polyfilla and 30,000 litres of B&Q paint and a minimal cost bathroom.

then get a feel for the crib over the next couple of years as you say and plough on with extension and proper carpets, etc.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Trebucheted you say? Where's his house, Leicestershire?
    Ah, Leics, the home of desolate, empty, barren rural roads and the tumbleweed of lost silver blankets and the bones of errant lost cyclists.

Leicestershire. The new Sahara I hear they call it.
  • The question is, should I don crampons and pick up an ice axe for the journey to the hot tub later, or will a space blanket suffice?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030865/uploads/editor/kc/zmcunv8cpcxf.jpeg

I'm not the expert here... I'd just install a ski-lift

...the one you carry in yer saddlebag
  • Ben6899
    MattFalle said:

Ben6899 said:

MattFalle said:

good points v well presented and normally I'd do the same but this place is currently v v v manky and i wouldn't live there alone, let alone with a wife and two bambini.

we're thinking cheapest carpets poss, 3 of us attack it with a huge pot of Polyfilla and 30,000 litres of B&Q paint and a minimal cost bathroom.

then get a feel for the crib over the next couple of years as you say and plough on with extension and proper carpets, etc.

Fair enough. Yeh do it on the cheap then!
    Ben

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    Surprised that 'Call On Me' video was from 2004, remember it well 🤓, but must have conflated the 80s vibe in the video with the actual release.

Anyways, BBC 6Music is on an 80s revival day, all day 80s music. Takes me back. Good times. Good musics.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    No snow daan saaaf just sleet, or heavy slutting as it was referred to by someone at work, I thought that was a Friday night club activity that the youths took part in. ah well.

I'd like some snow though please can you arrange this? Its currently rain/sleet/slutting
  • MattFalle
    Ben6899 said:

MattFalle said:

Ben6899 said:

MattFalle said:

Fair enough. Yeh do it on the cheap then!
    Cheapest carpets at Edwyn's Ruggery are £4.99 a sq metre. If they last the two years then its a deal.

Essentially its an 80% resto job, so minimal outlay to make habitable then save every penny to make luuuush.

• MattFalle

The question is, should I don crampons and pick up an ice axe for the journey to the hot tub later, or will a space blanket suffice?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030865/uploads/editor/kc/zmcunv8cpcxf.jpeg

I'm not the expert here... I'd just install a ski-lift

...the one you carry in yer saddlebag
    imagine if that was the inside of his saddlebag, much like a cycle borne Wardrobe.....