New gravel bike

Im in the market for a nice new gravel/adventure bike that i can use for road riding as well. Ive been looking at the Ribble GCR al or 725 or Merlin g2 all with the grx drive train. They all have some good reviews. Anyone with any idea of what they like to ride or live with ?

Comments

• janwal
    janwal Posts: 489
    Check out Planet X. They have the On One free ranger. It’s an excellent light full carbon framed bike. It also takes 700 or 650b wheels and full mudguards.
    The same frameset is used by Dolan for their gravel bike. A lot of people buy the frameset direct from China and do a self build. Lots of stuff about it on line.
    If you want to build your own Planet X sell off slightly marked framesets on their eBay site https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/planetxbikesuk/m.html?_trkparms=folent:planetxbikesuk|folenttp:1&_trksid=p3542580.m47492.l71971
    I bought one last year and built it up as a flat bar bike (which I’ve found I prefer)with sram rival 1x as I already had the group set and can’t fault it. It’s a very comfy bike to ride as well.
  • I previously owned the original aluminium framed Terra SE. I sold this and then missed the bike and the ability to combine road with gravel big time. I therefore decided to buy the carbon version, the Terra C Hydro 105 which now has been updated and has a much wider wheel clearance. It’s fab! Great on road and deals with the South Downs and Hampshire tracks v well. I ran 40mm width for this type of riding, but could have gone even wider if needed. Still performed well on road with the 40cc and was Currently shod with 32cc for Winter riding.
    If I had to have one bike…..
    There is good availability, they’re also sold on Wiggle and are v well priced with good kit. ( I bought mine from Wiggle as knew exactly the size neededand was very very pleased with how well the bike was prepared and delivered incidentally).
    Certainly worth a look.
    Happy hunting!
  • I have a Ribble CGR-SL for sale at the moment. It's a great bike but I prefer the efficiency of road bikes. Please message me if interested.
  • thebigman
    thebigman Posts: 57
    On one free ranger.. PX are doing it just now for £1100 for a full rival build.