alternative for old 105 10 speed 12-25 cassette

hi all

need a new cassette for my turbo trainer but cant find a 10 speed 105 anywhere, is the ultegra 10 speeda straight swap?

or are there any other options?

thanks

Comments

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,144
    I would get a Tiagra cassette for a turbo trainer. No point in paying extra for Ultegra when the main difference is weight.

They don't make a 12-25, but they do make an 11-25 and a 12-28. So decide if you're better off with more top end or bottom end (which will likely depend on your turbo and it's max gradient) and pick accordingly.

It should just be a straight swap, but you might need some more links on your chain for the 12-28, and you might need to adjust the B screw on the rear mech. If you're changing cassette you'll likely be changing chain too so cut size to suit.

Word of warning - component shortage makes it hard to come by anything at the moment. I find eBay seems to be the best chance of getting less common stuff at the moment if you can't find it in Wiggle, Merlin et al
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    See your other thread where you posted the exact same question for further options.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited December 2021
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.